Signature Type Cover, thin alcantara on palm rests?

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Seeing todays Surface twitter about the signature type cover made wonder how thick/dense the alcantara is on the palm rest section of the type cover. If you check that post it looks like the palm rest is soft and "furry" to the touch.

On my type cover the alcantara on the palm rest is much thinner than elsewhere, not as dense and soft as the outside. My palm rest even looks thin/harsh while the outside of the cover looks and feels soft.

So is mine a bad example or is this normal?

Maybe its only the super soft and furry examples that gets a modelling gig at Microsoft? ;)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seeing todays Surface twitter about the signature type cover made wonder how thick/dense the alcantara is on the palm rest section of the type cover. If you check that post it looks like the palm rest is soft and "furry" to the touch.

On my type cover the alcantara on the palm rest is much thinner than elsewhere, not as dense and soft as the outside. My palm rest even looks thin/harsh while the outside of the cover looks and feels soft.

So is mine a bad example or is this normal?

Maybe its only the super soft and furry examples that gets a modelling gig at Microsoft? ;)

Funny that you would post this. I got one as an early birthday gift from my GF...

I remember playing with it in the Microsoft store when it was just released and it felt so amazing. Mine however, does not feel the same and I'm not sure if it's just my mind playing tricks on me. (it has been a while). Maybe it's because I got accustomed to my previous one?

I don't know and i'm not sure and I don't want to tell my gf anything about it. But I'm not 10000% happy about it as I thought I would have been. (Still looks great though!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte