Thumbnail Preview Issue and Surprising Fix

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I got my SP4 (which was nearly the day it launched) I've had issues with taskbar thumbnail previews disappearing. Here's what I mean. Let's say you've got three Explorer windows open. When you mouse over the icon on the taskbar, previews of each window pop up and then you can mouse over them to select the open window you want. Well, with my system those icons would often disappear before I could even see what they were; sometimes they would work as designed but that was rare. There was no rhyme or reason to this behavior. However, the problem vanished whenever the machine was unplugged.

Long story short, early power supplies, like the one that came with my SP4 are to blame. If you're having a similar issue check to see if the brick says 1625 like my old one did. The updated model -- the one you want -- is No. 1706.

I went to my local Microsoft store, explained the problem and they swapped everything out no questions asked. FANTASTIC customer service as always! I can't recommend them enough. Anyway, it's so nice to have everything working as intended. My workday is about to be A LOT less frustrating...

stanlavisbad

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I have this problem and I do have a 1625 brick. Did MS confirm this was the issue? I don't want to go to the hassle of going to the shop and maybe arguing with them if it's not going to resolve it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo