05-09-2017 01:55 AM
44 12
tools
    I have Surface Pro 3, but I use Microsoft Edge and Disney's Magic Kingdoms the most; I also use Spotify, OneNote, Microsoft Word, and PhotoShop CS6.
    03-21-2017 02:52 PM
    here it's a surface pro 3 also but so in love with that thing :)

Apps :
    - Aeries (Twitter)
    - Windows Central (duh)
    - Yelo Play (tv app from our tv company)
    - Remote Desktop Connection
    - Phonos (to control our Sonos)
    - Drawboard PDF
    - Huetro (to control Philips Hue lights)
    - Smartschool (our school's LMS)
    - Slack (for webstuff collaboration)
    - Netflix (Obvious ;))

All these are used almost on a daily bases and are sitting on my Lumia 950XL as well...

Aside from the apps there's Office 2016 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/OneDrive/OneNote), Laragon (local webserver stuff for webdevelopment), Capture One Pro 9 for my photo work

There's a handfull of other apps but not used that much so not worth the mention :)
    03-21-2017 03:23 PM
    here it's a surface pro 3 also but so in love with that thing :)

Apps :
    - Aeries (Twitter)
    - Windows Central (duh)
    - Yelo Play (tv app from our tv company)
    - Remote Desktop Connection
    - Phonos (to control our Sonos)
    - Drawboard PDF
    - Huetro (to control Philips Hue lights)
    - Smartschool (our school's LMS)
    - Slack (for webstuff collaboration)
    - Netflix (Obvious ;))

All these are used almost on a daily bases and are sitting on my Lumia 950XL as well...

Aside from the apps there's Office 2016 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/OneDrive/OneNote), Laragon (local webserver stuff for webdevelopment), Capture One Pro 9 for my photo work

There's a handfull of other apps but not used that much so not worth the mention :)
    Awesome list. Thanks for sharing. How is Aeries? Very interested to hear as I'm an avid Twitter user on other platforms.
    03-21-2017 04:14 PM
    For me, the majority of my apps are standard Windows installs and not apps from the app store. I use my SP4 mostly for browsing and work. I use OneNote within Outlook instead of the standalone app. I use it for storing personal notes that go back years. OneDrive is also used quite heavily but again, not through the app. Mainly through Windows Explorer. I also use Mimecast & RoboForm. I switch between Chrome and Edge as I still feel Chrome is a better experience.
    03-21-2017 06:36 PM
    For me, the majority of my apps are standard Windows installs and not apps from the app store. I use my SP4 mostly for browsing and work. I use OneNote within Outlook instead of the standalone app. I use it for storing personal notes that go back years. OneDrive is also used quite heavily but again, not through the app. Mainly through Windows Explorer. I also use Mimecast & RoboForm. I switch between Chrome and Edge as I still feel Chrome is a better experience.
    Very interesting. I've actually made edge my go to for the past few months. There's still a few issues here and there but I'm enjoying it!
    03-21-2017 08:44 PM
    Leonardo drawing at from getleonardo is briliant
    03-22-2017 05:14 AM
    @Achike Da - Steam and Netflix. Of course! Surprised about that as well. Must haves.
    03-22-2017 09:14 AM
    Netflix is another big one.

I just installed Steam on this device (I have a more powerful laptop I usually use it on), but I'm still not sure what games really work well (part of that is navigating Steam's store is kind of a nightmare for finding new games). Perhaps this is better for another thread, but tangentially related, but what games do you play on your Surface 4?
    03-22-2017 11:56 AM
    Solitaire and Minesweeper (I kid, I kid). :P
    03-22-2017 01:39 PM
    Hey don't kid. I do play solitaire on there sometimes haha 30 going on 100.
    03-22-2017 01:41 PM
    I think the only app I regularly use on my SP4 is Netflix. Even with OneNote, I prefer the full version rather than the app version. And honestly, I wanted a Surface instead of a standard tablet BECAUSE I prefer full-fledged desktop programs.
    03-22-2017 02:20 PM
    Solitaire and Minesweeper (I kid, I kid). :P
    ๐Ÿ˜‚ So far that's the only game I've even bothered to try on the SP4 ๐Ÿ˜‚
    03-23-2017 07:17 AM
    lol the classics never die!!
    03-23-2017 08:13 AM
    Great topic :)

I use mine for all the quick tasks you would normally want to do on a mobile, but then wish you had better productivity options.

Skype UWP, OneNote Groove and Edge are my main 1st party apps.

As for 3rd party I use Plumbago for drawing and Wunderlist for TODOs.

I do web scripting in a win32 application called TSW WebCoder, but I am attempting to migrate to VS for my future coding needs.

For Light gaming I have got Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
    For regular gaming I have whatever the Battle.Net application offers.

Finally I irregulary test touch-based apps and Windows elements - but that is only because this is my only Windows 10 PC with touch and precision touch pad.

I hope the answer I provided to your question was of some use :)
    03-23-2017 10:18 AM
    Great topic :)

I use mine for all the quick tasks you would normally want to do on a mobile, but then wish you had better productivity options.

Skype UWP, OneNote Groove and Edge are my main 1st party apps.

As for 3rd party I use Plumbago for drawing and Wunderlist for TODOs.

I do web scripting in a win32 application called TSW WebCoder, but I am attempting to migrate to VS for my future coding needs.

For Light gaming I have got Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
    For regular gaming I have whatever the Battle.Net application offers.

Finally I irregulary test touch-based apps and Windows elements - but that is only because this is my only Windows 10 PC with touch and precision touch pad.

I hope the answer I provided to your question was of some use :)
    Awesome list. How do you find gaming on the SP4?

Any good touch based apps to pass on?
    03-23-2017 11:56 AM
    Slack is another must-have for me. And Windows Central and MS Power User.
    03-24-2017 08:17 AM
    @demon09 - forgot about Slack!! I use it all the time on other systems, haven't loaded it up on the new laptop yet.
    03-24-2017 08:24 AM
    @demon09 - forgot about Slack!! I use it all the time on other systems, haven't loaded it up on the new laptop yet.
    Yeah that's a staple for a lot of people. A lot of really cool suggestions in here.
    03-24-2017 09:07 AM
    I use drawboard and one note the most
    05-09-2017 01:55 AM
44 12