06-08-2017 06:42 AM
49 12
tools
    I have Surface Pro 3, but I use Microsoft Edge and Disney's Magic Kingdoms the most; I also use Spotify, OneNote, Microsoft Word, and PhotoShop CS6.
    03-21-2017 02:52 PM
    here it's a surface pro 3 also but so in love with that thing :)

Apps :
    - Aeries (Twitter)
    - Windows Central (duh)
    - Yelo Play (tv app from our tv company)
    - Remote Desktop Connection
    - Phonos (to control our Sonos)
    - Drawboard PDF
    - Huetro (to control Philips Hue lights)
    - Smartschool (our school's LMS)
    - Slack (for webstuff collaboration)
    - Netflix (Obvious ;))

All these are used almost on a daily bases and are sitting on my Lumia 950XL as well...

Aside from the apps there's Office 2016 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/OneDrive/OneNote), Laragon (local webserver stuff for webdevelopment), Capture One Pro 9 for my photo work

There's a handfull of other apps but not used that much so not worth the mention :)
    03-21-2017 03:23 PM
    here it's a surface pro 3 also but so in love with that thing :)

Apps :
    - Aeries (Twitter)
    - Windows Central (duh)
    - Yelo Play (tv app from our tv company)
    - Remote Desktop Connection
    - Phonos (to control our Sonos)
    - Drawboard PDF
    - Huetro (to control Philips Hue lights)
    - Smartschool (our school's LMS)
    - Slack (for webstuff collaboration)
    - Netflix (Obvious ;))

All these are used almost on a daily bases and are sitting on my Lumia 950XL as well...

Aside from the apps there's Office 2016 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/OneDrive/OneNote), Laragon (local webserver stuff for webdevelopment), Capture One Pro 9 for my photo work

There's a handfull of other apps but not used that much so not worth the mention :)
    Awesome list. Thanks for sharing. How is Aeries? Very interested to hear as I'm an avid Twitter user on other platforms.
    03-21-2017 04:14 PM
    For me, the majority of my apps are standard Windows installs and not apps from the app store. I use my SP4 mostly for browsing and work. I use OneNote within Outlook instead of the standalone app. I use it for storing personal notes that go back years. OneDrive is also used quite heavily but again, not through the app. Mainly through Windows Explorer. I also use Mimecast & RoboForm. I switch between Chrome and Edge as I still feel Chrome is a better experience.
    03-21-2017 06:36 PM
    For me, the majority of my apps are standard Windows installs and not apps from the app store. I use my SP4 mostly for browsing and work. I use OneNote within Outlook instead of the standalone app. I use it for storing personal notes that go back years. OneDrive is also used quite heavily but again, not through the app. Mainly through Windows Explorer. I also use Mimecast & RoboForm. I switch between Chrome and Edge as I still feel Chrome is a better experience.
    Very interesting. I've actually made edge my go to for the past few months. There's still a few issues here and there but I'm enjoying it!
    03-21-2017 08:44 PM
    Leonardo drawing at from getleonardo is briliant
    03-22-2017 05:14 AM
    @Achike Da - Steam and Netflix. Of course! Surprised about that as well. Must haves.
    03-22-2017 09:14 AM
    Netflix is another big one.

I just installed Steam on this device (I have a more powerful laptop I usually use it on), but I'm still not sure what games really work well (part of that is navigating Steam's store is kind of a nightmare for finding new games). Perhaps this is better for another thread, but tangentially related, but what games do you play on your Surface 4?
    03-22-2017 11:56 AM
    Solitaire and Minesweeper (I kid, I kid). :P
    03-22-2017 01:39 PM
    Hey don't kid. I do play solitaire on there sometimes haha 30 going on 100.
    03-22-2017 01:41 PM
    I think the only app I regularly use on my SP4 is Netflix. Even with OneNote, I prefer the full version rather than the app version. And honestly, I wanted a Surface instead of a standard tablet BECAUSE I prefer full-fledged desktop programs.
    03-22-2017 02:20 PM
    Solitaire and Minesweeper (I kid, I kid). :P
    ๐Ÿ˜‚ So far that's the only game I've even bothered to try on the SP4 ๐Ÿ˜‚
    03-23-2017 07:17 AM
    lol the classics never die!!
    03-23-2017 08:13 AM
    Great topic :)

I use mine for all the quick tasks you would normally want to do on a mobile, but then wish you had better productivity options.

Skype UWP, OneNote Groove and Edge are my main 1st party apps.

As for 3rd party I use Plumbago for drawing and Wunderlist for TODOs.

I do web scripting in a win32 application called TSW WebCoder, but I am attempting to migrate to VS for my future coding needs.

For Light gaming I have got Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
    For regular gaming I have whatever the Battle.Net application offers.

Finally I irregulary test touch-based apps and Windows elements - but that is only because this is my only Windows 10 PC with touch and precision touch pad.

I hope the answer I provided to your question was of some use :)
    03-23-2017 10:18 AM
    Great topic :)

I use mine for all the quick tasks you would normally want to do on a mobile, but then wish you had better productivity options.

Skype UWP, OneNote Groove and Edge are my main 1st party apps.

As for 3rd party I use Plumbago for drawing and Wunderlist for TODOs.

I do web scripting in a win32 application called TSW WebCoder, but I am attempting to migrate to VS for my future coding needs.

For Light gaming I have got Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
    For regular gaming I have whatever the Battle.Net application offers.

Finally I irregulary test touch-based apps and Windows elements - but that is only because this is my only Windows 10 PC with touch and precision touch pad.

I hope the answer I provided to your question was of some use :)
    Awesome list. How do you find gaming on the SP4?

Any good touch based apps to pass on?
    03-23-2017 11:56 AM
    Slack is another must-have for me. And Windows Central and MS Power User.
    03-24-2017 08:17 AM
    @demon09 - forgot about Slack!! I use it all the time on other systems, haven't loaded it up on the new laptop yet.
    03-24-2017 08:24 AM
    @demon09 - forgot about Slack!! I use it all the time on other systems, haven't loaded it up on the new laptop yet.
    Yeah that's a staple for a lot of people. A lot of really cool suggestions in here.
    03-24-2017 09:07 AM
    I use drawboard and one note the most
    05-09-2017 01:55 AM
    Awesome list. How do you find gaming on the SP4?

Any good touch based apps to pass on?
    Sorry for the seriously slow reply. I completely for got this thread. Good thing there is a forum system to mitigate that :)

As for your questions:

Gaming on the SP4 is fan-noisy. For the kind of games Blizzard offers, you NEED to have the power supply plugged in. IF you do not, the games will lag. and you "only" get an hour worth of game time with sub full HD resolution and lowered settings.

Minecraft can run on half of top performance for about the same duration, but also noisy. Though it runs fluently without being powered.

All this is on a i7 edition of the SP4, mind you :)

Touch based apps... Well, since Creators Update, most apps are good touch-based apps - unless they are not designed for Windows 10. Some of the best are Microsoft's own Office apps.
    Apps with an exceptional good touch experience though, would be, IMHO: Groove, (Windows) Maps, Star Walk 2, Tips. ''' oh yeah, and Microsoft Edge, of course :P

Nothing too noteworthy :)
    06-02-2017 04:29 PM
    My favourite and most commonly used Windows 10 apps on my Surface Pro 3 are:
    • Xodo PDF reader for basic PDF reading
    • PDF Assistant PRO for PDF editing with Surface Pen
    • Nebo (Good glorious universe I love this app so much. Find the handwriting detection superior to that in OneNote. Write in Nebo, then copy the converted text into OneNote :)
    • Audiocloud for SoundCloud
    • Appy Text as a basic yet more elegant notepad replacement
    • LINE and Telegram as my go-to messenger services
    • Word Mobile - often useful for light browsing or editing documents when running on battery
    06-06-2017 04:53 AM
    Getting my first surface pro 4 today, since some of you were interested in professions represented I'm a public speaker and plan to use it for speaking notes I can scroll through. Anyone aware if there is an app for that or should I just open a windows document? When I tried a 2-in-1 it was just too heavy, but I also noticed when I used word for my notes everytime I touched the screen the keyboard would pop-up, obviously not a handy thing to have happen.

tl;dr . . Anyone have an app they use for public speaking notes?
    06-06-2017 10:31 AM
    Hey @revtech the one nice thing with the SP4 is you can set it to tablet mode or not. If it's in tablet mode the keyboard will automatically pop up but if it's not in tablet mode it won't so shouldn't impact your scrolling with your finger etc.

Honestly, I would personally just use word likely as it should do the job unless you're looking for anything more specific?
    revtech likes this.
    06-07-2017 02:00 PM
    Hey @revtech the one nice thing with the SP4 is you can set it to tablet mode or not. If it's in tablet mode the keyboard will automatically pop up but if it's not in tablet mode it won't so shouldn't impact your scrolling with your finger etc.

Honestly, I would personally just use word likely as it should do the job unless you're looking for anything more specific?
    Excellent! Thank you! Yes Word is fine, just kept having the keyboard pop up, but with what you said that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!
    meattray likes this.
    06-08-2017 06:42 AM
49 12