SP4 M3 or SP3 i5/8/256

anirudh

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

As the title indicates, I have the opportunity of getting either of the two for the same price. Both come with their respective keyboards and pens.

I had the S3/2/64 before and apart from the occasional hiccup, it handled all I needed it to with aplomb. My activities include browsing the web, streaming Netflix, YouTube videos, the ocassional torrent and PDF reading.

I have read the multitude of threads pertaining to the exact same question. While comparisons and tests are indicative (obviously) of the SP3 having an edge over the SP4, what I am more concerned about is the alleged fan noise in the former.

What are your opinions ?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I own both. I like my SP3 but the fan noise is a bit loud sometimes and the unit can run hot. What I love about the SP4 is it has better battery life, great camera for Windows Hello which works flawlessly for me every time, totally quiet and it just seems more responsive in general. I currently am in the fast ring for builds and have no issues.

Last edited:

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

As the title indicates, I have the opportunity of getting either of the two for the same price. Both come with their respective keyboards and pens.

I had the S3/2/64 before and apart from the occasional hiccup, it handled all I needed it to with aplomb. My activities include browsing the web, streaming Netflix, YouTube videos, the ocassional torrent and PDF reading.

I have read the multitude of threads pertaining to the exact same question. While comparisons and tests are indicative (obviously) of the SP3 having an edge over the SP4, what I am more concerned about is the alleged fan noise in the former.

What are your opinions ?

With your usage pattern the sp4 would be perfect and the fanless option is great. I think you'll be more then satisfied with that option.

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried a SP3 when it came out and the loud fan noise made me return it. I have a SP4 and the fan noise is subtle and does not bother me.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You will be fine and perfectly happy with the M3 version. I bought 1 and am very impressed with the performance. I did not expect it to be as good as it is. Being fanless is a bonus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb