SP4 i5, 8GB - CANNOT CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So yesterday this happened. Fn+Del/Backspace to change screen brightness up or down doesn't seem to change anything anymore. Now the screen looks as if it was set to dark. I also tried to change it in the action center, and in display settings, but nothing seems to work... Even when I plug in the charger, which normally changed brightness now does nothing.

CU update, non insider, Intel and Display drivers up to date.

What else can I try? Has this occurred to anyone else here?

Thanks

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Have never had this happen before. Have you tried resetting by pressing the power and the volume up? I read this worked for another person as it shuts down the hardware.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Have never had this happen before. Have you tried resetting by pressing the power and the volume up? I read this worked for another person as it shuts down the hardware.

Good idea, totally forgot about that. I will try that later today and report back.

Thanks

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me after the creators update. I uninstalled the display driver, restarted and installed the driver again, that solved the problem.

Ravi Sharma 2016

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
A simple soft reset solved my case. Keep the power button from the ON position pressed until the sp4 powers down, and hold in total for about 30 seconds. After that just switch the device on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb