Still worth buying a surface pro 4?

y2whisper

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes but I wouldnt pay full price, id wait for any deals including bundle deals. I bought mine 6 weeks ago and love it, but had to get the bundle deal first just because I wasnt sure if and when a surface pro 5 would be coming

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
As others have already said: if you get a good deal, go for it. I am more than happy with mine and I just bought one for my wife two months ago. There was a nice deal with price reduction and free type cover on german MS online shop.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
is a surface laptop worth buying ??? can it perform as good as a desktop
Depends on you.

For me? Nooope! But that's because I have different taste.

Will it perform as well as a desktop? No, desktops usually don't have the power, space and thermal constraints of a portable but that depends on the desktop you're comparing it to.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Would the Surface Pro 4 be a good replacement for an older laptop?
That still depends on whether a slim, well-designed, pen-enabled, impossible-to-service tablet with the capabilities of an ultrabook is what you're looking for in an older laptop replacement.

One answer is to just say yes, the other answer requires figuring out whether the Pro 4, for a given price, is what you want. Display may be smaller, it'll certainly be more compact, etc.

derrickc557

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I normally use my computer for surfing the web, Microsoft Word, some gaming here and there, etc. Based on your answer, I'm sure I would be just fine with a Surface. The only problem is the price.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I normally use my computer for surfing the web, Microsoft Word, some gaming here and there, etc. Based on your answer, I'm sure I would be just fine with a Surface. The only problem is the price.
If price is an issue, what'd I'd do is figure out whether you really want a tablet form-factor or not in this case. There are cheaper options if so. If you're fine with a conventional laptop then you're rolling in options.

Whats the heaviest game you plan to play? Planetside 2 and other fancy games aren't ideal on any Surface. (except maybe the Book with the Performance Base but thats expensive!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss