Anyway to sync iPhone and s4

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Depends on what you want to sync. Groove for one for music is one that I know works well on iPhone. One Drive if you want your photos and files...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Notifications might be what you are limited to at the moment. I know Android has the capability to sync notifications to Windows 10. Not sure bout iOS though.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Skype for iPhone can be downloaded here.

There are plenty of support directions and help here.

If you have questions on those or need support on some of it, chime in here to see if we can help.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For the surface it may be pre-installed. If not make sure you have a Microsoft account and sign in with it to the store and download the latest Skype app version from the Microsoft store.

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
What about messaging through Cortana through your cell phone? Cuz I can send texts through Cortana on my cell as if I texted through my imessage app.? How could I do that using s4

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
What about messaging through Cortana through your cell phone? Cuz I can send texts through Cortana on my cell as if I texted through my imessage app.? How could I do that using s4
Notification syncing would have to be enabled on the iPhone through the Cortana app. I'm not sure if that is a feature on iOS or not.

The only for sure way this is possible is from Windows 10 Mobile phone using skype and while using skype on Windows 10.

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
So I down loaded Cortana on my iPhone and its already on my surface 4. Now how do I get them to work together and send messages using my phone number. It works on the phone Cortana but the messages never go through on the surface Cortana. They just say sent but never arrive ?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I down loaded Cortana on my iPhone and its already on my surface 4. Now how do I get them to work together and send messages using my phone number. It works on the phone Cortana but the messages never go through on the surface Cortana. They just say sent but never arrive ?
Good question. If it's possible someone else will need to chime in for you on that. Are you signed in with Microsoft services on both?

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
yes i am signed in to my microsoft account on both. it says send message option on my surface and then tells me to just pick the phone number and then it says i will send to that phone number then exits out. but the message never arrives. i have been googling about it all morning.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
yes i am signed in to my microsoft account on both. it says send message option on my surface and then tells me to just pick the phone number and then it says i will send to that phone number then exits out. but the message never arrives. i have been googling about it all morning.

I am not certain you can send to a number that is not from a notification. Do the notification reply's on the S4 that are coming from the iphone work? If not go into the cortana settings and make sure sync notifications is enabled on both devices for Cortana.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I found a post from a Windows insider that states this feature is not fully supported in iOS yet.

The link is here, and the post is at the bottom. It was on May 1st they posted that.

Probably why you see them leave and not make it to the device...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3