How is your surface pro 4 holding up?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Just curious to hear how everyone's Surface Pro 4 is holding up.

When did you purchase it?

Do you use more as a laptop, tablet or a combination?

Is it your main device you use or do you use with a desktop or something else?

I've had mine for approximately a year and I'm still enjoying the device. Breezes through my daily tasks and haven't had hardly any issues (aside from the occasional insider glitch that has messed with a few programs I run).

I use mine as a combination but usually as more of a laptop device. It's usually setup on my desk to fire away on and connected with the dock to a second monitor. My ports are hooked up to a USB printer, a couple of charging pods and an Ethernet connection. WOrks really well for me.

It's the main device I use. I also have a desktop setup here that I will occasionally remote into but I never use the device anymore. I just feel no need as there isn't much my SP4 can't do for my daily use.

How about you guys?

May 15, 2017
Visit site
my surface pro 4 is also running quite well. it is my go to device for most things. i do have a windows desktop that i use if i need to do something with a larger screen real estate or need something with higher specs as I didn't get "the top of the line" version. i also have mac laptop that i use when i have collaboration work with people who still insist on working with macs, although even that's becoming less of a requirement these days. and also have a chromebook for light use at home where i don't have to do anything serious. but my surface pro 4 is the device i turn to first when i need to start on a project or do anything with a modicum of seriousness necessary.

in terms of how i use it, i would say if not 50/50, still fairly split between a laptop as well a tablet and pen combo.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
My Surface Pro 4 is running great. I've had it for a little less than a year and it replaced my ancient (and forever cheap) Toshiba Satellite. I have the entry level so I'm pretty limited by the RAM and Core m3 (I would've gotten the Core i5 and 8GB if I could've) but it's my main device right now. I absolutely love it. I use it mostly as a laptop but a lot of times I whip the Type Cover off for some doodling or to watch some Netflix.

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been great so far, but I use it maybe 1/3 of the time (I have 4 laptops personally, and 3 more computers at work). I love the portability and light weight though, so this is often my commute device.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine has been great so far, but I use it maybe 1/3 of the time (I have 4 laptops personally, and 3 more computers at work). I love the portability and light weight though, so this is often my commute device.

Why don't you use it more? Do you require more power for certain functions?

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
usually I need more screen space to run a few windows at a time so I switch to my Asus ux501 pro with an external monitor, or if I'm gaming I have another PC for that. the SP4 I have only has 4gb of ram also, so doing a lot of multitasking for work is usually not possible.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I've got my SP4 for over a year now, I went for it because I was annoyed by big and heavy laptops while SP4 offered a mobility and a great performance. Also I wanted a good pen and a high DPI display which is easier for eyes.

In the end I went with the Core i5 with 4 GB RAM version and actually I can't complain. It works beautifully, even handles the Photoshop and some light video editing well, though I use it mostly for taking notes, working in Office and obviously using browser! And it's been also a great companion in live video production environment as it's also doing well as a mixer and a control panel for video.

I use different setups, depending on where I am, so I like that you can use it as a tablet or laptop. Also it's been doing well for personal things like watching Netflix or editing photos in Lightroom which is a pleasure thanks to the high quality display.

In short - I LOVE IT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon