How to get the better/longer battery life on my Surface Pro 4 i5??

ShaunAFC3

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone i have had my Surface Pro 4(i5/8GB of RAM/256GB of storage) for over 4 months now and recently have been using it a lot more now in the past 2 weeks and the battery life so far is alright, I am getting about 3 to 4 hours of battery life in terms of on screen time and on stand by the Surface Pro 4 battery when fully charged can last for weeks on sleep mode which it is great. :D

Usage wise i have only been using my Surface Pro 4 for things like web browsing, watching videos, playing old classic games like The Simpsons: Hit & Run, The Incredibles, etc and backing up my Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone and my iPad Air 2(on iTunes) and transferring files like videos on to my iPad Air 2 on iTunes and have the screen brightness at about 50% or 25% sometimes with the Bluetooth off and so yeah nothing to demanding on the CPU.

I am quite happy with the battery life but i would really like the battery life to be a bit longer especially screen on time, So i don't have to charge it every single time when i use the Surface Pro 4 but a least the battery life is much better and last longer then my old 11.6 inch Acer Windows 8 tablet which had a i5 core CPU in it as well!! :D

But in my head/mind, I kind of wish that i waited for the new Surface Pro 2017 model because i have heard from lots of tech reviews and users that the battery life is so much more better then the Surface Pro 4 and that the battery life is almost on par with the iPads but at the same time at the time that i got the Surface Pro 4, i thought there would not be a new Surface Pro for a least 6 months to a year based on the internet rumours at the time of my purchase of my Surface Pro 4 and plus the new Surface Pro 2017 i5 core model is fanless as well unlike my Surface Pro 4 i5 model have to have fans which i don't really mind but to be honest the new Surface Pro 2017 i5 model is the better and near perfect device for then the Surface Pro 4 because of the better battery life and the i5 core model is fanless!!!

Anyway i still really like my Surface Pro 4, It is a great and awesome Windows 10 2-1 hybrid tablet and i am not looking sell it and get the new Surface Pro 2017 i5 model in anyway shape or form. :)

But i am wondering how to get better/longer battery life on my Surface Pro 4?? How to get 5 to 6 hours of screen time?? Any good and valid tips?? How much battery life are you getting with your Surface Pro 4??

Since i have the i5 core model, It might not be possible to get better/longer battery life on my Surface Pro 4...... :/

Typed this whole thread on the Surface Pro 4 Blue Type Cover haha!!! :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb