Battery Replacement. Is it an option

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my SP4 for about 3 years now and use it every day as my primary device for work and leisure.

The nett result of using it extensively (10-12 hours a day) is that the battery life has really started to shorten significantly.

Typically, a full charge will now run down in about 3-4 hours, maximum.

Is a battery replacement an option with the Surface Pro range?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Aside from the Microsoft store, I'm not sure. I remember hearing that the repair is challenging for Surface products.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the Microsoft store, I'm not sure. I remember hearing that the repair is challenging for Surface products.

Yup, you're right. I've just spoken with an MS support agent. They offer a refurb programme, but it's still quite expensive.

There's no straight battery replacement solution.

Apparently, the batteries are glued in, and also somehow connected directly to the motherboard, so getting to them is super tricky.

Oh well, take care of your surface, folks. If it needs any internal repairs done, it's going to cost big time

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yup, you're right. I've just spoken with an MS support agent. They offer a refurb programme, but it's still quite expensive.

There's no straight battery replacement solution.

Apparently, the batteries are glued in, and also somehow connected directly to the motherboard, so getting to them is super tricky.

Oh well, take care of your surface, folks. If it needs any internal repairs done, it's going to cost big time

That's a bummer. Thank you for reporting back, as this would be useful for anyone who also wanted to know this.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is why I’m hesitant to recommend the Surface, current Mac portables and similar computers as the cost and complexity of repair is through the roof. They’re basically designed to be disposable computers.

But they sure are pretty though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6