First impressions and What did you pickup?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Since the SP6 should be delivered this week, I wanted to start this tread to see what others thought when they unboxed it and first used it. Also what items and accessories did you buy to go with your SP6?

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the i5, 8Gb, 128Gb to replace my Pro (2017) i5, 4Gb, 128Gb model.

I'm not expecting much other than faster video editing/creation. I do intend on trying Street Fighter V but, again, don't expect much from the graphics. Worth a try. I already have a red pen and type keyboard (2017).

I couldn't resist the idea of quad core, with no fan, and the Anandtech review sealed the decision.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I went with the i7/8/256. I'm replacing an outdated entry level Dell laptop. My last Surface was the SP3.

I haven't seen the Anandtech review yet, but I will. I'm making my way through the reviews now that the NDA is lifted. So far, I'm happy with my choice.

I hope the bump to quad-core gives you the real world boost you were hoping.

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
got a i5 8GB/256Gb (black).

it does actually feel generally quicker than the pro4 its replaced.

I've not heard a fan yet in a couple of days of use (presume it has one).

Battery is much better, not sure if that's because my 4 was old.

not liking the screen contrast adjustment it is doing. seems to be adjusting when the contents gets darker. presume this'll be fixed with an update

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally received my Black Surface Pro 6 i7/8/256 on Thursday. The Signature Keyboard and Pen arrived earlier. This is my first return since my beloved SP3. I was initially impressed with how quiet the fans are during updates and loading the SP6 to get it setup. That's a major difference from my SP3. That would get loud and hot. The quickness is also eye catching along with how fast Windows Hello works. Boot and resume times are amazing.

I have it in an Infiland case, but I'm also looking at various printed and clear skins for when I want to go naked. I can't decided if I will go with a tempered glass or not. The Black is so beautiful and different. It's so nice to not have to decide which to grab...laptop or tablet? Now I can just grab my SP6 and enjoy the benefits of both.

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving the battery life on this thing.

I know from the official stats it's not meant to be that much better but it's not draining at all during sleep which was always my issue with the 4. Previously if I didn't use the 4 for a day and a half, likely the battery would be very low.

This one I've not charged since Tuesday, using briefly every evening!

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I charged mine on Sunday, then took it to work and used it for light surfing Monday and Tuesday. Tonight i had about 40% before I put it on the charger for the night.

I don't get any sounds with the keyboard closing/opening.

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a Surface Pro 6, i5/8/128 with keyboard for $699 @ Microcenter (I'm guessing this is a Black Friday week sale).

Overall, its speedy and would make an EXCELLENT computer for someone in college or needs the power for work. The keyboard works well, screen looks amazing and, battery life appears to be good. I know people love USB-C, but I love that it has a full size USB-A port instead. I still have mostly full size USB devices (cameras, USB drives, Ethernet adapters) and I like having a sturdy port and not having to use an adapter.

As for my personal needs, I have a desktop and needed something I can throw in my bag to access the web and a few programs - looking more of a tablet with a keyboard, i guess. The Surface Pro is a bit big (not easy to type in lap) so not 100% sure its the right fit for me, (but it is really nice).

Overall, I am thinking of returning it and going back to a Surface Go, if it ever goes on decent sale. But I am not sure that I can give up that USB-A port or power of the Surface Pro 6.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well took the plunge. Picked up the Pro 6 i5 8GB 128GB. I've only had it a few hours, but so far I'm impressed. Build quality feels top notch, and fast. I will be picking up a Surface pen but to my surprise the pen that came with my old T102HA works. I am still setting things up but so far I'm not regretting my choise.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm back to Surface family!

I had before the first Surface , after, got the Surface Pro 3 ( now it's with my mom, working flawless)
And now after years, back to SP 6 for studying.... i 5 + 8GB+ 256 GB BLACK

The build Quality, Pen , Display, everything still Amazing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3