Since the SP6 should be delivered this week, I wanted to start this tread to see what others thought when they unboxed it and first used it. Also what items and accessories did you buy to go with your SP6?
    10-15-2018 01:28 PM
    I ordered the i5, 8Gb, 128Gb to replace my Pro (2017) i5, 4Gb, 128Gb model.

I'm not expecting much other than faster video editing/creation. I do intend on trying Street Fighter V but, again, don't expect much from the graphics. Worth a try. I already have a red pen and type keyboard (2017).

I couldn't resist the idea of quad core, with no fan, and the Anandtech review sealed the decision.
    10-16-2018 08:24 AM
    I went with the i7/8/256. I'm replacing an outdated entry level Dell laptop. My last Surface was the SP3.

I haven't seen the Anandtech review yet, but I will. I'm making my way through the reviews now that the NDA is lifted. So far, I'm happy with my choice.

I hope the bump to quad-core gives you the real world boost you were hoping.
    10-16-2018 09:45 AM
    got a i5 8GB/256Gb (black).

it does actually feel generally quicker than the pro4 its replaced.

I've not heard a fan yet in a couple of days of use (presume it has one).

Battery is much better, not sure if that's because my 4 was old.

not liking the screen contrast adjustment it is doing. seems to be adjusting when the contents gets darker. presume this'll be fixed with an update
    10-17-2018 04:32 PM
    The i5 is fanless.
    10-17-2018 10:46 PM
    I finally received my Black Surface Pro 6 i7/8/256 on Thursday. The Signature Keyboard and Pen arrived earlier. This is my first return since my beloved SP3. I was initially impressed with how quiet the fans are during updates and loading the SP6 to get it setup. That's a major difference from my SP3. That would get loud and hot. The quickness is also eye catching along with how fast Windows Hello works. Boot and resume times are amazing.

I have it in an Infiland case, but I'm also looking at various printed and clear skins for when I want to go naked. I can't decided if I will go with a tempered glass or not. The Black is so beautiful and different. It's so nice to not have to decide which to grab...laptop or tablet? Now I can just grab my SP6 and enjoy the benefits of both.
    10-19-2018 12:37 PM
    I'm loving the battery life on this thing.

I know from the official stats it's not meant to be that much better but it's not draining at all during sleep which was always my issue with the 4. Previously if I didn't use the 4 for a day and a half, likely the battery would be very low.

This one I've not charged since Tuesday, using briefly every evening!
    10-21-2018 04:20 AM
    does anyone else get the disconnecting/connecting sound when closing and opening the keyboard?
    10-21-2018 04:22 AM
    I charged mine on Sunday, then took it to work and used it for light surfing Monday and Tuesday. Tonight i had about 40% before I put it on the charger for the night.

I don't get any sounds with the keyboard closing/opening.
    10-23-2018 10:26 PM