Ok so I haven't used a Surface since the Surface 2 (non-pro). I'm toyiing with the idea of getting my first Pro machine as my daily driver and travel machine. My concern is within days of getting my Surface 2 I was having issues requiring several replacement machines from Microsoft. I really don't want to go through that again. How is the Surface reliability with these newer revisions?
    08-13-2019 09:52 PM
    I don't have much experience with Windows tablets from any manufacturer, but if service is important to you, this might be a time to consider going with an OEM. I know that Dell for example has great service plans, including international coverage. It costs, but you can get next day service in many places around the world.

HP and Lenovo might have a service like this too, I don't know. I am more familiar with Dell's. I don't believe Microsoft offers any service like this, at least not as extensive.
    08-14-2019 03:58 AM
    Really wanted a Surface again so I'm taking a chance. I picked up an i5 8GB 128 GB model. So far its running without a single hitch. All patches where installed without incident, it warmed up a little while plugged in but not much and running on battery its been nice and cool.
    08-14-2019 08:35 PM