Why are u getting the SP7 over the SPX?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Anyone trying to decide which one to get?

My brain is telling me SP7 but my heart is telling me SPX lol.

I already have a SB2 for heavy lifting.

muzzy996

Oct 13, 2019
Visit site
I’m really wanting to switch to a Surface from my iPad Pro 12.9. What I want specifically out of a surface is better PDF annotation capability and I’m hoping that DrawBoard will get me that. The problem is no matter which platform I go with there’s compromises to be made; no LTE on Surface Pro 7, app compatability issues on Surface Pro X (dropbox and other cloud apps are must haves) and mobile app limitations on iOS.

Right now between the 7 and X it comes down to app compatibility vs LTE for me. I have unlimited data and tethering, I simply am not interested in doing tethering though, so it’s tough to look at the SP7 even though it’s probably the better machine for me to get.

mr_jomo

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Have you tried PDF Expert from Readdle on you iPP 12.9? That's what I use currently with quite good results. Came over from Surface Pro 4 and Drawboard a few years back, and I'm quite happy with my current workflow.

Now, if the SPX reviews favourably, I might swing back to Surface for the benefits of full Microsoft Office. But for working with PDFs I'm quite content with my 12.9 iPP.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos