Will we get pre-orders on the 5th?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Pro X and a few days ago, my payment started to show as processing in my bank account. Hasn't changes since and on the store the status is still the same as it was when I placed the order.
Shouldn't it be on the way by now?

Looks like pre-orders at MSFT quite a mess.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, scratch that.
The amount is no longer processing, it is simply gone.
I ordered this device for a new job I start on Monday, so Tuesday delivery would have worked perfectly.
Why can't they get their act together?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I Pre-ordered from best buy (since I got coupons and gift cards I could use) and theirs come out on Nov 15 I'm hoping against hope like you they come out earlier. #falsehope

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So, they screwed up again. They offered to cancel my preorder and reprocess it, with delivery in 7 business days. Canceled the whole order. What's the point of a preorder if I get it after people can pick it up in the store???
This is how they lose customers.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
What a joke. I pre-ordered the day it came out and had to be contacted several times because of screw ups on their end. I'm now seeing an expected delivery date of tomorrow evening.

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
What a joke. I pre-ordered the day it came out and had to be contacted several times because of screw ups on their end. I'm now seeing an expected delivery date of tomorrow evening.

I picked up a base model this morning at Best Buy - literally the only store in all of Upstate NY that had inventory (this includes Canada, and 120 miles east). I had to go to the MS store for the keyboard/pen, but this device is fantastic from a build/quality/battery life / performance standpoint. I can't wait to walk into meetings without asking WiFi passwords or credentials going forward with LTE setup.

Anyone considering, if you understand limitations of WOA, you'll be very happy with the device. I had a NovaGo when it came out and returned it, unstable and awful performance all around. I'm blown away by the progress in such a short period. Not only that but the quality of this device is amazing. I love the MS Whiteboarding app, I'll get some use out of this going forward for sure.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a base model this morning at Best Buy - literally the only store in all of Upstate NY that had inventory (this includes Canada, and 120 miles east). I had to go to the MS store for the keyboard/pen, but this device is fantastic from a build/quality/battery life / performance standpoint. I can't wait to walk into meetings without asking WiFi passwords or credentials going forward with LTE setup.

Anyone considering, if you understand limitations of WOA, you'll be very happy with the device. I had a NovaGo when it came out and returned it, unstable and awful performance all around. I'm blown away by the progress in such a short period. Not only that but the quality of this device is amazing. I love the MS Whiteboarding app, I'll get some use out of this going forward for sure.

I'm hoping there will be some guides on how to use it in the best way possible, for example - which version of Office to download? The reviews seem to make it seem like the Store doesn't do a good job of filtering out ARM native apps versus emulated apps.

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Agreed, I havent honestly even gotten to the Windows Store yet - just setup the primary apps I use from an Office perspective. I'm looking forward to the Chromium Edge Arm64 release as well. I'm using the standard office apps and they're quick and responsive, I Haven't had any issues and worked the second half of the day from it (Power Point, Excel and Outlook).

It's good enough that I hate waiting for a Surface Duo now!

Last edited:

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Went to the BB store here too but they had none in stock. Just a display unit.

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm almost positive this was a cancelled preorder. The minute I woke up I checked stock regionally, and when I found one I did in store pickup.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
So my best buy order just shipped and should be here by Nov 8!

One full week before the stated delivery.

My problem now is I'm going out of town that day

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
That would be my luck too :( Hopefully you have someone that can sign for it, on a high note it gives you something to look forward to on your return.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So my best buy order just shipped and should be here by Nov 8!

One full week before the stated delivery.

My problem now is I'm going out of town that day

Interestingly mine said no signature required and they left it. I don't know if it has something to do with my parents' FedEx profile (was shipped to my parents house since I'm visiting) or if that's the default. I didn't make any changes to shipping.

I'm glad since nobody was home, but also a little concerning considering the price of the product and exposure to the elements.

Attachments

• 8B584ED1-3F27-49D7-B001-41FF93A0928D.jpeg
    8B584ED1-3F27-49D7-B001-41FF93A0928D.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Mine arrived before I left for the weekend.

With my luck thought the unit is dead. Screen won't turn on.

Exchanging when I get back.

Should have enough time to get my wraps and cases to protect it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234