Screen dimming?

slamroc

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed that when I minimize an app and go to the desktop, the whole screen dims a bit. Them goes back up a tick when I maximize the app again.

Also, sometimes, when turning on the device, the screen is way dimmer than it should be as per the brightness slider. I have to move the slider slightly up or down to kind of shock it back into appropriate brightness.

I disabled the auto brightness in settings... Anyone else having issue or know why this is happening?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I've noticed that when I minimize an app and go to the desktop, the whole screen dims a bit. Them goes back up a tick when I maximize the app again.

Also, sometimes, when turning on the device, the screen is way dimmer than it should be as per the brightness slider. I have to move the slider slightly up or down to kind of shock it back into appropriate brightness.

I disabled the auto brightness in settings... Anyone else having issue or know why this is happening?
I'm seeing this too. It's just my first day though, so I'll keep a look out.

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Didn't notice this until I read your post...but, yep, mine does the same. Thanks...will do my best to 'un-see' it now LOL

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Steam installed but my NBA 2k game wouldn't play.

What happens when you try to play it?

If you increase the brightness by default and keep it at a higher level, does it help?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
It's better today too, but i have it at auto brightness and it usually stays dimmer than I would like.

There was one instance though that the brightness meter would not change the brightness at all, and had to reset to make it work.

slamroc

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
If you are having troubled with screen dimming on your PC then here is the simple solution for you. Because many modern PCs are coming with light sensors that automatically adjust the screen' s brightness. So, to get rid of this problem see the steps below:

Step 1: Open "Control Panel" then "Hardware and Sound" and then "Power Options".
Step 2: Now, click on "Change plan settings".
Step 3: Next, click on "Change advanced power settings".
Step 4: Now, scroll down and under the Enable adaptive brightness, switch off the battery and plugged in modes.
There's no brightness setting in that menu for me.

slamroc

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Yup. My dimming issue comes and goes - no parrern that I'm aware of.

In addition to the desktop being dim, I also find that sometimes, when I turn on the device, the screen brightness is way lower than the actual setting. I go to the brightness slider and move it slightly up or down to jerk it back to the appropriate level.

No idea what's up :(

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Yup. My dimming issue comes and goes - no parrern that I'm aware of.

In addition to the desktop being dim, I also find that sometimes, when I turn on the device, the screen brightness is way lower than the actual setting. I go to the brightness slider and move it slightly up or down to jerk it back to the appropriate level.

No idea what's up :(
Same.

Must be software issue right?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Anyone who was able to get a fix for this problem? It's getting really annoying.

Tried the diagnostic tool kit. No dice.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills