What Surface Pro 2 model are you getting?

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone say they're getting the 64GB model. I'm a student and all I really need to use is Office. I use Chrome which is why I'm going for the Pro rather than RT (I realize it's kind of silly to shell out almost $500 more just so I can use Chrome browser, but oh well). For the Pro 64GB, wouldn't I be able to expand storage via SD card/USB? I know for the RT, I've read people saying they can't integrate the files on SD card or install apps on the SD card, but I'm assuming for the Pro it should allow installing anything on it? Is that correct? If so, then the 64GB and a 64GB SD card and 32GB USB 3.0 should be fine for me. Any advice or suggestions?

tawfiqmp

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
256/8gb for sure.

I was contemplating getting the 128, but I'd rather have double the RAM. I do kinda wish they had a 128/8gb model, space is a non issue for me. I have a 2 TB external drive, can buy a micro SD card, or even use the 200GB given from Skydrive if need be.

I'm holding off on touch/type cover for now. I'm going to decide once I actually get the Surface if I can really wait and maybe use a bluetooth keyboard until the power cover comes out early next year or if I need something right away.

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 256GB/8GB version. I need lots of storage, and I thought that the 8GB of RAM might make it a bit more future-proof.

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone say they're getting the 64GB model. I'm a student and all I really need to use is Office. I use Chrome which is why I'm going for the Pro rather than RT (I realize it's kind of silly to shell out almost $500 more just so I can use Chrome browser, but oh well). For the Pro 64GB, wouldn't I be able to expand storage via SD card/USB? I know for the RT, I've read people saying they can't integrate the files on SD card or install apps on the SD card, but I'm assuming for the Pro it should allow installing anything on it? Is that correct? If so, then the 64GB and a 64GB SD card and 32GB USB 3.0 should be fine for me. Any advice or suggestions?

I wouldn't suggest attempting to install apps on SD. They're pretty slow, but for document storage you should be fine.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered the 256GB model. Mainly because of the 8GB of RAM. I really think they should do away with the 64GB model and place 8GB of RAM on every model...

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still unsure about getting the 4/128 or the 8/256. The diskspace is not very important for me but the ram. I plan to use my surface as a desktop replacement with dockingstation and 27 inch screen.
Does a screen of that size need more ram to work smoothly? I'm not a big gamer, mostly office, surfing and maybe movies. Can anybody help me with my decision?

Lurchorama

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on the fence on getting a Surface 2.
My Samsung Note 8 is the perfect size for me and use the stylus all the time.
Relying on WP/RT apps for the tablet doesnt really 'do it for me' and certainly not enough to make me switch from my SN8.
Should a 'thin-ish' 8" Pro with a stylus come out; then I'd be tempted.

slowboy920

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm still unsure about getting the 4/128 or the 8/256. The diskspace is not very important for me but the ram. I plan to use my surface as a desktop replacement with dockingstation and 27 inch screen.
Does a screen of that size need more ram to work smoothly? I'm not a big gamer, mostly office, surfing and maybe movies. Can anybody help me with my decision?
Lot of people have said that 4gb should be enough for regular work. I have the same ordeal and ordered the 8/256, still don't know why but my mental side feels better.

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered the 128gb. I've got my PC for intense gaming and i just wanted a tablet which could also be used as a laptop. 4gb will be plenty for what ill be doing on it :)

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
As I work with software analysing large databases will be getting the 256GB/8GB RAM model. Would have preferred 128GM /8GB RAM option...

No colo(u)red type covers available for pre-order at the moment so still haven't pre-ordered. Gonna be away on business for part of most of next week so don't want the risk of it not being able to be delivered anyway. Be nice to actually pick one up in store (John Lewis ?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa