512GB Pro 2 variant not available?

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Pro 2 256, and got to thinking about my intended usage and realize I was probably going to write it off as a business expense (it'd be nice to get my contracting work off of my personal machine).

That made me think about redoing my order for the 512. The upcoming dock makes it a viable machine for serious work as well as portability, and the only real long term problem I see is running out of hard drive space, so why not?

Except, when I went to the MS Store I realized that you CAN'T preorder the 512GB model.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone know when it will actually be available? (If not up for pre-order I'm assuming it's not releasing with the rest of the devices.)

dwigfor

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that too. Decided to sign up for the LA Panos Party and will probably preorder then. Give's me another week to decide... SP2 256 + X1 or SP2 512.... The biggest thing that ruins laptops for me is the videocard is always the first to become outdated. Not sure about Intel 4400. I've heard they've improved, but I've always hated on Intel integrated.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that too. Decided to sign up for the LA Panos Party and will probably preorder then. Give's me another week to decide... SP2 256 + X1 or SP2 512.... The biggest thing that ruins laptops for me is the videocard is always the first to become outdated. Not sure about Intel 4400. I've heard they've improved, but I've always hated on Intel integrated.
Integrated chips still don't compare to the performance of dedicated video cards. Even with the massive spec bump that Haswell offers, it's still not worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett