Battery wear

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Need Surface owners with expertise and/or experience.
I'm a tablet PC guy from way back and I am very interested in the Surface Pro 2. It's great to see that the battery life has taken a big jump, but can anyone tell me about the rate of battery wear? Will the longer life mean slower wear, assuming you're recharging every night? I get a bit leery at devices at this price point without replaceable batteries. I'd hate to lay out the bucks and see my 8 hour battery life decrease to 5 after a year or so. Have a Samsung Series 7 slate that seemed to drop pretty quickly from 4 to 3 hours on a charge and it's still going down. Battery tech and power management is always improving, but are rates of wear part of the improvement? Anyone got a Surface Pro story to share? Thanks.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm also seriously considering the Surface Pro 2 and would like to hear about this also. Although, I'm not sure it would make much difference as tech goes obsolete rather quickly.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My Surface Pro one out of the box got about 4 hours and 30 minutes with wifi on, screen about 1/2 way.

Now I get between 4 hours and 4 hours 20 minutes. I have had the Surface Pro since launch. Battery technology really hasn't changed much in about 20-30 years. They still go bad at the same frequencies. I think it is about 400 charges is the half life.

Now I want that power cover :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck