Shipping dates....

elysm1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone placed a pre-order for a 256gb Surface Pro 2 in the past day or two? I don't work Tuesdays and shipped my pre-order to my office. I tried to have it changed today and was told that the only way to change it would be to cancel the order and re-place it. It all sounded good until she told me that if they did that it wouldn't ship until December 15th! Apparently Microsoft is selling more of these than I thought, or just not making many upfront. Needless to say, I'm just going to wait until I get to work on Wednesday to play with it.

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they're getting around the "sold out" issue by adding orders to later production runs. Guess, I'm glad I got my order in early.

As for the inability to make changes. That's the MS store. They have something weird about how they do pre-orders. The only change you can do is to cancel and reorder. I've run into this on several items with them.

Unless you can get an early shipment somewhere else, I'd say visit the office on Tuesday (assuming it arrives on time).

elysm1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they're getting around the "sold out" issue by adding orders to later production runs. Guess, I'm glad I got my order in early.

As for the inability to make changes. That's the MS store. They have something weird about how they do pre-orders. The only change you can do is to cancel and reorder. I've run into this on several items with them.

Unless you can get an early shipment somewhere else, I'd say visit the office on Tuesday (assuming it arrives on time).

It sounds like you've ordered quite a bit more than I have from MS. Is it fair to expect delivery on the 22nd?

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
On a pre-order I can't say, but I wouldn't hold your breath. My main three purchases from the MS Store have been:
- A Lumia 1020 pre-order (which they failed to ship on time and I cancelled because a local AT&T store had it in stock same day as release)
- The Xbox One, which due to a screwup I somehow ended up with an order for two when I only wanted one. Ended up having to call, cancel, and re-order.
- My Surface will be order #3, but will actually be in my hands first due to release dates.

Sorry, don't imagine that was much help. (Unrelated upside. As an apology for the issue with the Lumia shipment or something related, I was given a $150 gift cert from the store, which I then applied to the XBox One. Can't complain about that...)

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
While I've only ever preordered one item, delivery was exactly as promised. I ordered the original SurfaceRT as a gift for my parents, and it was delivered on launch day with no problems.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
dangit, i didnt preorder and just assumed i can walk into a best buy and get a Pro 2 on launch week...im hoping thats still the case.

milesmcever

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
dangit, i didnt preorder and just assumed i can walk into a best buy and get a Pro 2 on launch week...im hoping thats still the case.

Planning on doing the same figured id buy it with my amex and get some points along with the points I get from bestbuy since if I my Microsoft discounts have the surface stuff exempt in their store.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Planning on doing the same figured id buy it with my amex and get some points along with the points I get from bestbuy since if I my Microsoft discounts have the surface stuff exempt in their store.

This December 15th Ship date (mentioned in initial post) has got to be wack...MS is shooting themselves in the foot if they plan to limit their supply that much this holiday.

I'm confident i will be able to get a 64 or 128 model launch week.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to Microsoft Store support.

My UK Surface Pro 2 256GB should be delivered October 29.

For those waiting the cyan, magenta, purple type covers in UK, according to MS, they will be available to buy on or around w/c October 28.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium