256gb Surface pro 2 delayed?

Parousia85

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered the 256gb surface pro 2 the day it became available in the Microsoft Store (UK), and it said that it was to shipped by the 22nd, I have recently just gone to check it on the Microsoft website and it now says the 29th? (The order still says 22nd in my account section) The other models seem exempt from this delay.

I'm wondering if this is likely to affect my order, anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks

Last edited:

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I chatted to a Microsoft rep on the UK store:

You: at 9:22:28: I notice the shipping date for the Surface Pro 2 in the Microsoft Store has changed from 22nd October to 29th October for the 256GB and 512GB versions. Are these just for new orders? I pre-ordered the 256GB/8GB version on 24th September, do you know when I might get it?
*********: at 9:23:29
That date is only for the latest order that were placed since yeasterday
*********: at 9:23:42
the other ones will be shipped on the 22nd
So it would appear the cut-off date was 14th October, in the UK at least.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered mine at the Microsoft store. I went yesterday and they said they would be available at the store. 256GB/8GB

pageheaven

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on the day of release via Microsoft Online Store. My date hasn't changed since ordering (Today - 21st October), but they haven't yet shipped or taken payment so I can only assume it has been delayed as Microsoft deny.

I ordered the Microsoft Pro 256GB/8GB.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Ordered SP2 256GB/8GB from Microsoft Store (UK) on 16th, was given 29th but got note and tracking number from MS earlier today with a delivery date of tomorrow morning !

pageheaven

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just an update from me - my shipping date has now disappeared, all other metrics remain the same. A bit pissed xbilly has bagged a SP2 considering I ordered mine of preorder on release day...

Though, congrats xbilly :)

NeillB

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the 128GB in the first hour of pre-orders opening, a week later re-read the memory spec and cancelled after placing an order for the 256GB version (30th September) and I'm still waiting on an update from MS store. Says "In Process" but I can't recall if it has said that since I pre-ordered. A couple of days ago under my account it was still saying "Ships by 22nd" but no sign of such now. I have to be in the work first thing but by 10, if MS store hasn't confirmed shipping then I'll likely just cancel as I can be sure of next day delivery or pickup from various stores.

Not being funny about people pre-ordering after me already having dispatch or even received, but being that I typically get a thermal shutdown or other failure/delay with my existing laptop, I'm genuinely not interested in continuing to wait if others have started to receive their's. Are they not being processed in order they were ordered?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My guess is if it hasn't shipped, that you should check with your credit card company. Chances are they declined the order.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720