Has anyone else been charged for their Surface Pro 2 pre order?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting, I would think you wouldn't get charged until it shipped, which I would assume you would be notified of. Did the transaction actually go thru, or is it just the hold? The hold would probably show up as a pending transaction on your bank account.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I am so pissed now.

I placed my preorder on the 24th and last night my bank declined the charge to my card for the Pro 2 as it was suspicious.

So I phoned the Microsoft store earlier and was told everything was fine and no I hasn't been charged as it wasn't shipping yet.

Then 2 hours later I get an email cancelling my order because my card was declined. I'm furious!

I placed a new order but I am worried I will not get it on the 22nd like my original order now due to it being in limited supply.

I have emailed back customer services and Steve Ballmer to complain. This better not delay my order because the store are too incompetent to know what they are doing!!!!

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am so pissed now.

I placed my preorder on the 24th and last night my bank declined the charge to my card for the Pro 2 as it was suspicious.

So I phoned the Microsoft store earlier and was told everything was fine and no I hasn't been charged as it wasn't shipping yet.

Then 2 hours later I get an email cancelling my order because my card was declined. I'm furious!

I placed a new order but I am worried I will not get it on the 22nd like my original order now due to it being in limited supply.

I have emailed back customer services and Steve Ballmer to complain. This better not delay my order because the store are too incompetent to know what they are doing!!!!

Ok, one... That sucks and I'm sorry to hear, but..... Um, cmon. While the MS store's track record isn't great, if your order got dropped BECAUSE YOUR BANK DECLINED YOUR PAYMENT........ Be mad at your bank. They're at fault, not the MS Store...

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
If I had phoned the Microsoft store and they said sorry its been cancelled thats one thing.

But they told me it was fine. I asked several times to be sure.

I don't blame the women on the phone particularly as she is going by the information she had - but that
information was wrong so it is down to Microsoft in this situation.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
It was authorised so there was no reason for it to be declined for being suspicious.

I placed a new order which it appears here in the UK doesn't have a different delivery date than my original order.
So hopefully I will still have my Pro 2 next Tuesday.

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Although it's not showing as an itemised line yet, the "Available Balance" amount on my credit card has today dropped by precisely the amount of my Surface Pro 2 pre-order. No emails yet.

jfourman

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got a "pending" charge on my card from MSFT Microsoftstore. FYI... my order is for an SP2 256GB plus Type 2 Cover. I got the educational discount of 10% on the SP2. The discount didn't apply to the cover. Total was $1,380.28. I'm jacked that it appears I'll be getting my SP2 soon!

tumahler

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Credit card just got a "pending" charge from Microsoft today. I pre-ordered a 64GB Surface Pro 2 for the gf and a 256GB Surface Pro 2 for myself.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I don't know why, but there definitely is something to it with credit card companies being suspicious of online Microsoft Store purchases.

About 2 or 3 years ago, purchasing a tablet from the MS Store with a Citibank MasterCard, I had similar issues, where my bank called me up immediately to confirm that the purchase wasn't a fraud.

The same thing happened this morning with an AmEx card. I got an email from them where they wanted me to verify the purchase was legitimate (despite the fact I've made 4 or 5 purchases from $100-400 from the MS Store with that card before too).

I personally called up the Microsoft Store to see if it would affect my order, and all I was told was "your order shows in process", which I knew already from the site. Strangely though, I don't see the ~$1200 charge that AmEx had an issue with in my 'pending charges', even though I have a ~$300 accessories order from them (bought the two new covers before I decided to upgrade to the Pro 2) that is showing up in pending charges.

Anyway, it's got me a little concerned for my Pro 2 order, but we'll see. Either way though, for some reason multiple banks and credit card companies don't fully trust the Microsoft Store.

(And had I noticed that you could use Paypal at the time I placed my order, it probably would've made sense to use them, considering the past history... I just didn't realize that).

Tehx

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from MS today saying that my credit card provider declined the transaction and that I would need to contact them and re-order my 256GB (Canada). I phoned my credit card provider and they informed that the per-approval went through from MS with success and there were no more transactions after that. They declined nothing.

Interestingly enough on my Surface Pro 2 order I also ordered a keyboard and mouse with the same card and these were delivered weeks ago.

Looking around the forums it seems a few folks have been hit with this 'cancellation' of their pre-order. I phoned MS and the rep informed that no 256 or 512 Pros will ship before Dec 15. Needless to say, after all that run-around I elected not to place a new order. Unbelievable MS, I gave up on the Surface 1 after my pre-order went 3 odd months past delivery at Best Buy, looks like I wont be getting an SP2 either.

randito3

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
If they told you that the 256 and the 512 gig will not ship until Dec. 15 it is because that is how back logged new orders are. If you placed your order earlier and did not have it canceled, you should get it on time. When I placed my order back in september I thought I would get charged at that time. I recieved my new card with new expiration dates so I called Microsoft store to let them know they needed to change my expiration date and 3 digit code. They did that just fine, but 2 days later I received and email saying I had to cancel my order and re-order. I called them and my date slipped from the 22 to the 29th. I asked why the shipping date had changed and they said because I was moved further back in the line. Throwing a fit solved nothing lol. Oh well.

Also I am with CHASE bank and they are notorious for declining charges for "fraud" activity. Its really embarrassing when you are with friends and you pay for dinner and your card gets declined. Call them up, "oh yeah, we flagged some charges that need to be verified." Hmmm..."You really embarrassed me in front of my friends when I was paying for dinner." Response, "We are sorry for the inconvenience." really?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon