Surface 2 / Pro 2 Sneak Peek event

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I attended an event today hosted by Panos Panay and a couple of his team members. They're really cool, down to earth people.
My biggest interest in the upcoming gear before today was just to get a Power Cover for my Pro but all that has changed! Surface 2 really is as amazing as they're saying it is in person. The Pro 2 looks to be a more significant improvement than I previously thought as well. Unfortunately our time got cut short by a fire alarm in the hotel where they had the event so we never got to try out the "lapability" (he's trying to get that on Wikipedia)
My biggest takeaway was the Power Cover though. That thing is half a pound! If you don't actually NEED it, you defeat the purpose of the thin and light PC by carrying the extra size and weight. It's not huge but it does make the difference between something I have with me everywhere and something I would lug around as needed. Looks like Touch Cover 2 and I are going to be getting together next week :D.

This is the only picture I took since I'd expected to get some time with them and shoot some video if it weren't for that alarm!
WP_20131017_10_45_35_Pro (1024x576).jpg

I'm also looking forward to the Nokia event after today, can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad the event got interrupted by a fire alarm. I hope you still got enough information about Surface 2 and Pro 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers