The Official "I got a Surface Pro 2" Thread

deezknuts

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Officially got my 128gb/8g this afternoon. Overall I find that the system is a lot quicker. News app and IE seems to load quicker. Installed batterybar and it states I already have battery wear of 4.7%??? What? I remember when I got my Surface 1, it didn't have any battery wear at all until after a month or so. Weird. I'm happy with the "upgrade" and will be giving my Surface 1 to the gf. MS should have came out with this last year when I first bought it. Sigh.

Oneofthesedays

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my 256GB/8GB unit today from the MSFT store.

This device is a revelation. Simply put, I am floored. Tech reviewers simply don't know how to review this device. It's not a tablet. It's not a laptop. It's a SURFACE.

Using this as a tablet is pure joy. You're not going to hold it one handed, but it really excels on your lap with the kickstand fully extended. Super comfortable. If you were on the fence, don't be. This device is insanely powerful, gets great battery life (I'm hovering near 8 hours now on the first charge!), and gives you ultimate flexibility. Even now I was using the device in tablet mode trying to type this all out when I realized.... WAIT A MINUTE I have a Type Cover 2. I popped it in and now I'm typing blazing fast.

I will give a more detailed review later, but honestly this is the best purchase I've ever made. MSFT hit it out of the park.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's my unboxing video of the pro 2 and type cover 2. Sorry it isn't like WPCentral or The Verge, but I was in bad lighting, had a 920, and holding it with 1 hand so I could only do the unboxing with one hand. If you can, please like the video and subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZDOpDNCEGY

Hey, I couldn't understand you when you were describing the type cover. What was your opinion of it? I got the blue one and I really like it.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Got both my Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 today and both are fantastic. Now if we can get MS to put cellular and gps in one or both the world will be round again.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Officially got my 128gb/8g this afternoon. Overall I find that the system is a lot quicker. News app and IE seems to load quicker. Installed batterybar and it states I already have battery wear of 4.7%??? What? I remember when I got my Surface 1, it didn't have any battery wear at all until after a month or so. Weird. I'm happy with the "upgrade" and will be giving my Surface 1 to the gf. MS should have came out with this last year when I first bought it. Sigh.

There's a 128/8 version??

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I liked it a lot. I didn't get a chance to review both devices yet, but I am liking the type cover 2, except the trackpad.

Same. I really like it, but the trackpad could be better. Although, honestly, I don't even use the trackpad because I usually just touch the screen, so it's not that big of a deal. Even when I have it plugged into a monitor to use as a desktop, I just plug in my wireless mouse.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Not crazy powerful but wicked music app, FL Groove is just awesome...great touch screen interface version. I'll still be loading my FL Studio 6 but a great companion. I'm loving this device more and more :)

dbdmora

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I got mine at launch midnight. 256 version and so far I'm liking it. My boss told me to evaluate it and see if it can replace a laptop. One accessory I'm really liking is the surface mouse. It is so great and smooth, it does beat the type touchpad. Waiting for my docking station, two monitors and MS wedge keyboard to really give it the full test.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how games from Steam handle?
This. Civ 5 is my only addiction of this sort. The original Pro could handle it, but it was a bit laggy and I always felt like even a standard sized map would exceed its ability. If the Pro 2 handles Civ 5 w/o issue, I know it's powerful enough to look at replacing my workstation with a Pro 2 and docking station. I already know it's fine for VS2012, and the like; it's just the graphics that have me concerned (and the heat).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers