The Official "I got a Surface Pro 2" Thread

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know.. but i see a big bezel around the screen on the video you are showing. Usually the frame on a laptop contains the wireless and Bluetooth antennas wires and antenna itself, and the webcam, and microphone.

The Surface Pro also has the touch screen which is goes 50% outside the screen. This is important to allow Windows 8 to operate as it detects swipes that goes outside to inside the screen, to show charms, menus, and such. In addition, it is needed for the Wacom digitizer which also is 50% of the frame. If you put your pen you'll see it still being tracks as you are on the bezel. This is because Wacom pen is being entirely tracked with the pen. This is why it's not great on corners, and why on the pro models, you have a bit fat plastic frame around zone to use, as the digitizer continuing outside. If Microsoft makes the digitizer the same of the screen, then expect to be even more awful on corners, and only be fine at about the center of the screen.

Bram Vanroy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Got a Surface Pro 2 for mother's day. She is a LITTLE bit into tech, so she likes new stuff. When I had the chance to testdrive a Surface Pro 2, she was really jealous and wanted to try it a lot. So I am guessing she'll be happy with it!

Last edited:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Got a Surface Pro 2 for mother's day. She is a LITTLE bit into tech, so she likes new stuff. When I had the change to testdrive a Surface Pro 2, she was really jealous and wanted to try it a lot. So I am guessing she'll be happy with it!

What a generous gift! That's one way to make sure you stay in the will. Hahaha! ;)

Berryal202869

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I got mine the other day! It's amazing! I love it. Its gaming capabilities mean it'll probably replace my vita as well.. and my tablet.. and my laptop.. what a beast of a device, huh.

I can't afford to buy a type cover 2 yet though, next month! Can't wait haha, i get too excited over technology sometimes :sweaty:

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little late guys, but I got mine the other day. I really didn't know what to expect before I got it, but boy am I glad I did, I got it on a trade. This is truly an amazing machine, its everything I want in a Computer/tablet. This thing kills any other machine I ever had..

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little late guys, but I got mine the other day. I really didn't know what to expect before I got it, but boy am I glad I did, I got it on a trade. This is truly an amazing machine, its everything I want in a Computer/tablet. This thing kills any other machine I ever had..

What did you trade for it? :wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I do pretty well with the battery unless I get started on Asphalt 8. Then it's only going to last a couple hours, though it's rare for me to play it for that long.

kewlgirl73

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The MS Store here in Houston swapped out my Pro for a Pro 2 yesterday due to the screen separating on my Pro.

Yes, I know the Pro 3 is out but I am loving my Pro 2 and will have it for awhile :)
Still waiting on the Freedom Case to show up though..lol.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I tend to get 6 - 7 hours of usage out of mine. I don't play games most of the time. But using the Kindle App, Facebook, Twitter, Xbox Music/Sportify/iTunes, One note, Evernote, and web browsing. This is going on pretty steady during the day. If I use it in conjunction desktop, I can get 9 hours.
How much battery life do you guys get?

Sent from my D6503 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Jalbuke

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Got my Surface Pro 2 last Friday!
Sold my 6 month old Macbook Air 11 inch. Been with Apple for 7 years.

Must say the Surface is a awesome computer.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Got my Surface Pro 2 last Friday!
Sold my 6 month old Macbook Air 11 inch. Been with Apple for 7 years.

Must say the Surface is a awesome computer.

It is! I must say. Personally, I find that the only thing that ruins this fine system, is the ****ty Intel integrated graphics drivers, that is quite buggy, and annoying at times. But it affects all other systems, at least PCs, powered by it, so there isn't much to be done at this front, sadly.

Beside that, I like very much my system. Up to this day, I am still amazed by Microsoft ability to fit so much power, in such small form factor, and not have the fan go at full speed, not have a hot device that you can't hold (warm is the worst you'll get). And lets not forget, pretty decently good battery life. And it's nice to have a system that feels like Apple, or a custom build system, where you don't have the crap software added by manufactures which acts like advertisement, no backups as they are too cheap to do, all to to try an lower the price (or maximize profiles). The system is clean, the backup image in the system is clean. Weight distribution is fairly even. Definitely, an engineering marvel.

I personally can't wait to see what's hidden in Microsoft sleeves in the future iteration of the device.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
To this day in still impressed by my Pro2. I love its compact size, sleek design, quality build and overall performance (4gb/128). Sure I'm peeved the Pro3 came out so soon after with great improvements (specifically screen size and weight) but I still love it. And when I show it off, almost everyone is very impressed...except for Apple fanboys who can't at least admit its cool. The only downside is a single USB, I would've been fine with a USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, but oh well. Still, its the best portable computer available in my opinion.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am super late to this party. This is my first proper Surface Pro (I had an RT, way back when). I have the 128/4GB version, used, by swapping it with my old Dell laptop. I have to say I am very impressed with it as it stands.

It handles everything I throw at it, even with less RAM than my Dell (Dell had 16GB), less HDD (Dell had 1TB) and slower CPU (I think? Dell had an i7). And I am pleasantly surprised with it really, and the type cover is great to type with. But I will get a power cover for it which will have a US QWERTY keyboard (this has a French keyboard that I am not used too). So I am happy with it overall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss