Touch cover 2 Vs Type cover 2 Question

imaware

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Got a surface pro 2 with touch cover 2.
Works great on a flat surface , Desk , coffee table etc.:smile:
Not so responsive at typing on lap when sitting on couch.:cry:
I do like that i can fold the cover back and use in tablet form on my lap without accidental input from the keys.
My question is , if I swapped the touch 2 for a type 2 , would the proper raised keys give accidental input when folded back and used it tablet form on my lap.
Thanks.
Lee.

imaware

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just got back and tried my new replacement "Type Cover 2" and can report that it's a big improvement over the touch cover.
Works so much better for typing on the couch with surface pro on lap.
Backlight on keys seems a little(tested in daylight with curtains pulled shut) bit brighter.
Not as bendy-flexible as the touch , feels more sturdy , which for me is a good thing.
Trackpad feels the same to me as the touch , not as good as a proper mouse but ok.
Overall I prefer the type to the touch and probably wont miss the gestures from the touch as I found them quite hit and miss tbh.
Worth the extra ?10 , I'd say a big :smile:YES:smile:

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Got a surface pro 2 with touch cover 2.
Works great on a flat surface , Desk , coffee table etc.:smile:
Not so responsive at typing on lap when sitting on couch.:cry:
I do like that i can fold the cover back and use in tablet form on my lap without accidental input from the keys.
My question is , if I swapped the touch 2 for a type 2 , would the proper raised keys give accidental input when folded back and used it tablet form on my lap.
Thanks.
Lee.

Works great on lap. Doing it right now as I respond to this thread. The only thing that is a bit bugging me is the stand slicing through my knee. Its sharp, not too sharp, but it feels like its slicing my knee. I'm Surf'ing naked. The keyboard is also on my private part, so it is slumped up a bit. These are my only two gripes. :crying:

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Works great on lap. Doing it right now as I respond to this thread. The only thing that is a bit bugging me is the stand slicing through my knee. Its sharp, not too sharp, but it feels like its slicing my knee. I'm Surf'ing naked. The keyboard is also on my private part, so it is slumped up a bit. These are my only two gripes. :crying:

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

eww. Over-sharing.

vipkl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Works great on lap. Doing it right now as I respond to this thread. The only thing that is a bit bugging me is the stand slicing through my knee. Its sharp, not too sharp, but it feels like its slicing my knee.
When on my lap I still find even the new 40-degree kickstand angle too upright to my liking (I'm a bit on the tall side). So I've been pushing the unit further away such that the kickstand is resting almost below my knee. So the whole thing is perched at an angle.

But then the small screen is almost too far away from my eyes when reading text. And I really hope it won't fall when perched like this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes