Surface Pro 2 Sold Out

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely more of a laptop than a table. But that's the good part about it. It's the best Windows Tablet available. What exactly were you expecting?
I bought a surface pro 2 yesterday but will be returning it. The model with 256GB and 8GB ram. I am not too happy with the device. It's more a laptop than a tablet.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Theres no need to pick at the persons opinion, they were obviously confused and purchased the device without properly researching before a purchase. I'm wondering more how someone could plop down $1300 (before tax) without understanding their investment...but hey thats me.

Dexter, if you want a tablet experience look into the Surface 2 or iPad Air.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone is picking at his opinion. Just asking what he was expecting when plopping down so much money on a device, and it completely not meeting his expectations.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Because it isn't meant to be a tablet? It's a "tablet", with the power of a laptop. You need to specify what other reason why you don't like it.

I don't like it because it is just too heavy and thick to be used as a tablet and using desktop apps on a touch screen isn't a good experience. I love the pen though. The surface 2 would be perfect if it only supported the surface pro pen. I already have a laptop so I feel like I am paying for another laptop that has a touchscreen but isn't comfortable to use as a tablet. I would get the surface 2 in a heart beat if only it worked with the pen.

I bought my wife the Surface 2 to replace her heavy laptop and she is satisfied.

I did research the Pro 2 and thought the weight wouldn't bother me but it does. The salesperson thought me into it saying if you don't like just return it. Turns out I don't like it and I will be returning it.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I did research the Pro 2 and thought the weight wouldn't bother me but it does. The salesperson thought me into it saying if you don't like just return it. Turns out I don't like it and I will be returning it.

Its definitely more weighty than your typical tablet such as an iPad or Surface RT/2. I heard a lot about this before buying mine, so before the SP2 release i made sure by picking up a Pro at my local store to make sure i was ok with the overall feel. Since you were given an open-ended test run without consequence i can see why you took the plunge...and if you've got a newer laptop, ya it doesnt make sense to get Pro 2 as well...unless you NEED the pen.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Surfaces are selling out. I'm starting to see more people carrying a 16:9 tablets around campus. either surface or another windows 8 tablet.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
MS store does not seem to be stacking too many of them. I can see the surface 2 doing well among college students but not the pro.

As a law student I actually need the pro. I need to be able to run legacy apps for test taking. I pre-ordered mine since day one but haven't had time to pick it up at the store. Hopefully they still have it when I go tomorrow :-S

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
As of now all SP2's are listed as OOS on the microsoft store.

as of this morning microsoft canada store saying all OoS too...maybe they're playing a gambling game or are they TRULY OoS? Hopefully they're selling well but im finding it still hard to believe...i guess we will have to wait for the official released numbers from MS.

---

Wow, just checked the Big Electronic stores website...yesterday showing 9 of 64 model and 15 of 128, 64 model sold out and 128 model down to 7...can this be real?...

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
as of this morning microsoft canada store saying all OoS too...maybe they're playing a gambling game or are they TRULY OoS? Hopefully they're selling well but im finding it still hard to believe...i guess we will have to wait for the official released numbers from MS.

---

Wow, just checked the Big Electronic stores website...yesterday showing 9 of 64 model and 15 of 128, 64 model sold out and 128 model down to 7...can this be real?...

in the three states i checked, best buy shows 64, 128, 256 available for in store pickup.

oops, spoke too soon. apparently the 256 version is not available in any state of the nation. hmm interesting.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't get the complaints about the weight of surface pro 2. I went to staples this morning to try it out, and even with the type 2 cover, all their security devices and crap attached to it, it still felt pretty light holding it in my hands and playing around with it. *shrugs* maybe human beings are just getting too weak :/

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't get the complaints about the weight of surface pro 2. I went to staples this morning to try it out, and even with the type 2 cover, all their security devices and crap attached to it, it still felt pretty light holding it in my hands and playing around with it. *shrugs* maybe human beings are just getting too weak :/

Holding a device that weighs 2.2lbs for an extended time isn't a nice experience. If it is being used as a laptop then it wouldn't matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss