Adobe Flash not working

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Saturday morning I picked up my Surface Pro 2 256, Dock, black touch cover 2 and arc mouse surface edition at a local Microsoft Store near Boston. Love my new device. It will be replacing two aging/ailing computers plus it's more powerful and portable than either of those, which all amounts to pure joy. I'm loving this device. It's exceeding expectations. To my delight, windows 8 is a joy to use with gestures.

However, I'm unable to get Adobe Flash player working in IE. When I try to view Flash content it takes me to the Adobe Flash web site which has a banner stating that flash is built into Windows, there's nothing to download. Then it gives me instructions on how to enable flash and other instructions on how to troubleshoot, I've been through both sections. As far as I can tell everything is set as it should be.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks for the help.

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I've encountered the same problem ever since updating to windows 8.1. Flash player isn't working in IE 11 windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

This is a support forum discussing resolutions to some of the problems.

However, there are some things that still have yet to be resolved. For example, no windows 8.1 using IE can choose the multiple upload option on facebook. However, these functions did work on 8.0.

This is having all updates and multiple fresh reinstalls. :/ Microsoft/someone needs to resolve the issue.

Here is a link which also addresses the issue: After 8.1 upgrade, Adobe Flash does not work in IE - Microsoft Community

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue when I upgraded my PC to 8.1. I had to disable some ActiveX in IE to get it working again. I am not sitting in front of my PC right now so I don't know the exact menu option.

Everybody is trying to kill off Adobe Flash, Apple, Google, and Microsoft....

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Finally works. Disabled Active X per your suggestion but now I wonder what will happen if I go to a web site with Active X. I don't know any off-hand but will be keeping a look out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster