My Surface Pro 2 is Bricked

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Not good. Won't do anything. I had been having some problems with waking up from sleep and restarting overnight. The Type Cover will power up when connected. I checked my event log a few days ago and the display driver was sometimes showing an error and I figured that was in conjunction with the wake issues. Maybe an update did me in.

Any magic kung fu button combinations I can try before driving over to the Microsoft Store?

Stinomus

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hold the power button down for 10 seconds to ensure it is completely off (and not just in sleep mode) then try turning it on.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
To boot into the UEFI firmware settings menu when Surface Pro is turned off:

1. Hold the volume up button.
  2. Press and release the power button
  3. When the Surface logo appears, release the volume up button.
  4. The Surface firmware settings menu should appear.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, even put a screen protector on for me. Did a nice job. This one, like my deceased one, doesn't have the snazzy new power connector with the ring light, though. Really wanted that.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, even put a screen protector on for me. Did a nice job. This one, like my deceased one, doesn't have the snazzy new power connector with the ring light, though. Really wanted that.
Power connector with the ring light? I haven't seen this, I suppose. Mine shipped with the tiny LED at the tip of the connector.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's what I have. It's hard to see the light when you are connecting. The ring light shows on the outside of the connector. Better for confirming that you're connected. The Microsoft rep was surprised that my old one had the light on the end. I assumed the new one would be ring style and didn't check before I left the store. I bet I could've talked them into replacing it. Maybe I should go back and take a shot.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's what I have. It's hard to see the light when you are connecting. The ring light shows on the outside of the connector. Better for confirming that you're connected. The Microsoft rep was surprised that my old one had the light on the end. I assumed the new one would be ring style and didn't check before I left the store. I bet I could've talked them into replacing it. Maybe I should go back and take a shot.
Lame... now I want one of the new ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss