on-screen touch keyboard issue

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I can't write even a word on touch keyboard

[video]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3B8AC81AD5D9F07E!2177&authkey=!AFavdheBh9NooC8[/video]

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't own a Surface (yet) but have you tried just writing one letter at a time, letting it recognise what that letter is and then moving on to the next letter? You seem to try to connect several letters together in one go. Maybe separating them would help?

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
no, it does not help. when it recognizes the first letter, if I write a second one, it will do like I select "insert" - it inputs the first letter to the field and ignores the second one. very annoying.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, something isn't right with your on screen keyboard. I just did exactly what you did using the stylus and I was able to hand write yahoo in the space between the "www" and the ".com" without any issues. It even gives me "yahoo.com" as a suggestion as soon as I wrote y, and then a. The space also dynamically gets bigger as I wrote to accommodate longer URLs. It worked fine if I wrote each letter separately or "yahoo" as a single word in cursive.

Maybe post this question on the official Microsoft support forums?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon