Bright Pixel when using Modern IE

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed today that when I'm running the modern version of IE, I have a bright pixel in the bottom left corner of my screen. At first I was freaking out over this (kind of expensive to have a bad pixel) and was stunned I'd never seen it before. I then noticed that it only happens with modern IE. If I run desktop IE, no problem pixel. Anybody else seen this?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Test your SP2 display for bright/stuck pixels, with black, white, red, green and blue. Be sure to have a unified full screen color or each.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, exactly. I played the same full screen YouTube clip in both of them, and one had the bright pixel, the other didn't, so I don't think it was only appearing under some color conditions (which is what I thought it was originally). Once I started investigating, yeah, the modern IE has it locked in there, and the desktop IE (and all other apps) don't have it. Which makes it no big deal... but strange.

deezknuts

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed today that when I'm running the modern version of IE, I have a bright pixel in the bottom left corner of my screen. At first I was freaking out over this (kind of expensive to have a bad pixel) and was stunned I'd never seen it before. I then noticed that it only happens with modern IE. If I run desktop IE, no problem pixel. Anybody else seen this?

I've had this happen to me twice and it only happened in IE. Screen test in other applications did not show this bright pixel. The first one was located at the bottom middle and the 2nd time was lower left. I was able to get it to go away by rebooting. Weird.

Radecho007

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my sp3. Only in modern IE and only when the tab panel is open. If I bring up the on screen keyboard the bright pixel goes away. I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786