Surface docking station now available at Bestbuy

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
if you find yourself plugging in external devices (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc) when you are home, having the docking station might be worth buying. If you just use the Surface by itself or with the touch/type cover, the docking station is unnecessary

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Right now im not connecting it to any external monitors or device, i transfer all my stuff from my Desktop to an External HDD...and then connect it to my Surface Pro 2.

In the future im sure the docking station will be more valuable to me...but for now its not a priority.

Bremen Cole

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Because of my Pro Audio set up, there are just two plugs to be "docked" now, so therefore I really don't see the need for the $200 dock. I just plug in the monitor, and one usb.... and I have a 22 inch monitor, full keyboard, mouse, MPC Renascence (includes pro soundcard) midi keyboard, and NI Maschine. I am not so lazy that I can't plug in one USB and monitor when I want to turn my SP2 into a desktop :)

bnob99

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new surface pro 2 owner and I'm testing this as a replacement computer for my job. I definitely needed a dock for dual monitors and other external components, but the price was way to high for this one. I bought a 3rd party dock for a lot less and more ports. I'm sure they will sell a lot if them since people will probably buy it when they buy the surface. If it was $50 less, I probably would have picked one up but $200 is way to much for a docking station.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes