11-21-2014 06:10 AM
28 12
tools
    I think first, like you suggest, it would be best for me to drop by some retailers tomorrow with my earphones. Even if the surroundings are loud I'm certain I would hear the static if the display models have the same level of severity as mine does. I bought the SP2 two days ago, so in the worst case an exchange for a new unit wouldn't be hard right? Not familiar with Microsoft's exchange policy. I bought mine through the Microsoft online store by the way, and live in Canada if that matters.

Again thanks for all the help Mbytes! I'll update on how the testing goes.
    02-07-2014 09:23 PM
    Canada W00t!

Microsoft does not not an exchange program. I am in Canada, and I asked 2 times for the two Surface Pro's I had to return.
    You'll have to call and say that you would like to return your device because it's faulty. Then they'll e-mail you a pre-paid shipping label (can take 24-48h to get the prepaid shipping label, because it's UPS that will send it to you, not Microsoft). You'll have to box the device as you received it, and use the same shipping box you got your Surface Pro 2 box in. If not you threw away the box, then inform Microsoft, because I don't know.

Once all boxed up, ship it, and it will take several business day before Microsoft gets it, and approves the return. Once returned approval, they'll pay you back, and depending on your bank, it will take a day or two before you see the amount back to your credit card.

The above is the process for returning the Surface Pro 2 and get a refund. So it's up to you when you want to place another order for the Surface Pro 2. I placed my order as soon as it was in stock, to not miss the opportunity.

If you have a Microsoft Store that you can get to, I would go there for an easy exchange, else you have to do, as above, a return, and order a new one. Microsoft pays the return so don't worry about that.

The better news in doing a return/re-order, is that the 30 day period that you get to return the device, is reset, so you get to enjoy a full 30 days to test the Surface Pro 2, and be able to return if anything. So there is an upside to it.
    02-07-2014 10:28 PM
    same with me.....idk how to repair...it ...they say ur laptop......and ur update driver.......error/ not compatible......error in....program and software.....that u have install...in ur computer.....may lead to this....sound....2 option.......reformat ur laptop....or chg ur sound card.....usually laptop ....1/2 year old....always like this
    11-21-2014 06:10 AM
28 12