Windows Metro Wallpaper as Desktop wallpaper

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how I can set the wallpaper that comes with the computer in the Metro mode as the desktop wallpaper. I can set my desktop wallpaper as the metro wallpaper, but not the other way around. WTH. I tried the method of extracting the files, but I guess MS changed the path in an update.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You can't have a start screen background on the desktop.
The start screen backgrounds are general backgrounds. if you make each tile on your screen as a new columns to have this huge scrolling start screen, you'll notice that the background is never ending.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It should be possible to have a jpg wallpaper that is identical to the beginning of the Metro wallpaper "line". But how to screenshot (screenshoot?) the background behind the tiles only? Another possible solution could be to simply have the identical color that fills most of the Metro backgrounds as a color only desktop background. It should be less of a visual jump then when switching modes. Or the same background color with some similar swirls and patterns on it perhaps.

But will such same color backgrounds match? There is some brightness adjustment when switching modes. It's annoying how the screen jerkily adjusts the display somewhat in steps. Even with auto brightness turned off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786