Power button defect?

alasjaka

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I was reading the manual of the surface pro 2 and noticed it said that you can also shutdown the tablet by holding the power button for a few secs, and then swiping down the screen. I tried doing this but every time I press the power button, the tablet just goes into sleep mode. Does this happen to anyone else besides me?

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was reading the manual of the surface pro 2 and noticed it said that you can also shutdown the tablet by holding the power button for a few secs, and then swiping down the screen. I tried doing this but every time I press the power button, the tablet just goes into sleep mode. Does this happen to anyone else besides me?

No, that doesn't work. I think you need to choose shut down from one of the menus for it to shut down. Also the sleep functions don't even work after the last update. I put mine to sleep and the display wakes up again. In the morning the display is on even though my power settings tells the SP2 to first shut off the screen and then go to sleep a while later.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
No, that doesn't work. I think you need to choose shut down from one of the menus for it to shut down. Also the sleep functions don't even work after the last update. I put mine to sleep and the display wakes up again. In the morning the display is on even though my power settings tells the SP2 to first shut off the screen and then go to sleep a while later.

You can hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it off too.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Hmm never heard of this way to shut down. I think you read the manual for windows phone 8, that's how it works there. On the Surface you can either swipe from the right and chose shutdown from the power menu, go to the desktop keep the start menu pressed and chose shutdown or you can modify the button behavior so that pressing the power button shuts down the tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos