How bad is this DPI scaling when using Photoshop CS5 on a SP2?

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Gang,

Thinking of getting a SP2 soon. I have a RT and really missed being able to run Photoshop CS5 when traveling. Can someone please post a screen shot of how Photoshop looks on a SP2? I'd like to see how bad this DPI scaling issue looks. TIA!

renster721

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey I don't have PhotoShop, but since no one has answered your question, here is a screenshot of Lightroom 3 on a SP2 -- and my dog. Hope it helps a bit.

LR3.jpg

Attachments

• LR3.jpg
    LR3.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 3

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
PhotoShop doesn't scale well. Its fine with the pen, but adobe could improve its interface a lot for touch use.

The desktop isn't great for touch. But the modern interface is great. Ive been using sketchbook pro lately and liking it a lot for storyboarding. Although I am lightly thinking about switching to one of those Sony convertibles for the larger screen. If they had the battery power of the Surface I would be more tempted.

I do love the portability of the Pro here.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
renster721, thanks for the screenshot. Nice photo and dog, looks extremely comfortable there. Screen doesn't look too bad. Does help a little.

Brian, thanks, nice to know pen is fine. Touch isn't important to me in this case. No question on the portability of the Pro. Can I beg you to attach a screenshot?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Go to the store that has the Surface Pro or Pro 2, and set Windows to 100% DPI, signout and back in of the computer (they'll be no password, it's on a demo account).
Once done, this is how things will look like. While I don't have have Photoshop to test it with my Surface Pro 2, personally I am using the system at 100% DPI scaling, and not the default 200%. I have good eyes.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There was a thread somewhere about a way to increase its menu and palet sizes through a registry setting. I should start bookmarking these things I suppose. It apparently made everything in the interface bigger at the cost of slight blurr to the icons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre