Windows 8 apps can't connect to Xbox Live

fatfingur

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm new to this forums. Please bear with me. :smile:

I got my Surface Pro 2 (256GB) for more than a week and so far I've been loving it. I really wanted this device since the time it was released but I was unable to because of the availability and the price. It's good but I can't say that it is without issues, in fact it does have a lot of issues but I'm hoping Microsoft will keep on working on it.

One issue that I am having right now is that my apps can't connect to Xbox Live - all my Xbox Live games on my Surface Pro 2!!! I am able to connect to the games app though. I can also connect to Xbox Live on my Windows Phone 8. I have another laptop which I have the same games but can connect to Xbox Live. So this is a very weird and frustrating problem :crying:. Is anybody out there having the same issue? If so, what did you do in order to resolve this.

I am really looking forward for answers.

Thanks! :smile:

fatfingur

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
All up to date and have rebooted a lot of times. Like I said, the games app can connect to my xbox live account while apps like wordament or any xbox live app wont connect.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just tried Halo Spartan Assault, and it connected just fine. I would say that your router's firewall may be blocking access, but you have another computer and phone that works.

fatfingur

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't be the router or firewall because like I said I can connect to xbox live using the Games app. Tried my wife's Microsoft account and she couldn't connect to xbox live too. This is just frustrating.

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It might be problem in your area right now,i experienced the same problem a month ago(i live in Pakistan) ,i couldn't see my achievements for xbox games on my phone or laptop(i don't own an xbox). Even the xbox webpage was not working correctly but the problem was fixed within 24 hours. :) I suggest you wait instead of taking any drastic measures. Hope this works.

fatfingur

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
This case is closed. Installed the latest Surface and Windows 8.1 updates this morning and was able to connect to xbox live already! Found that out when an Xbox Live notification popped out. So to conclude, this (was) a software bug fixed by the updates. Thanks MS. It took so long but now we're back on track!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon