What screen protector do you recommend?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So after being very impressed with my SP2, my sister is getting one too. She was asking me which screen protector should she get, if any. I don't have one on mine so I've never thought about it. What would be the best one? Thanks.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, edge to edge, and exact holes for the camera and sensor. I had no idea what to get, so I got Tech Armor from Amazon.ca
Was 9$. I didn't install it or even open the package, as I am returning my SP2 to order a new one, as the one I have is faulty (there isn't any Microsoft Store to perform an easy exchange... the closest to me is 6h drive just to get to the city where there is a Microsoft Store)

[edit]
Ok I checked, It has a long horizontal cut out for the camera sensor and camera light. I guess a cheap way to support all Surface's
The screen protector is not edge to edge... it's smaller in height than the device, so it will be more visible in my opinion.. oh well... 2x for 9$ I didn't expect much to be honest.

Last edited:

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
On my SP1 I used the Incipio protectors that Microsoft carries at stores and their online site. A two-pack runs for $20; I like this, as you have a backup in case you mess up the first application. Even better was that it wasn't too glossy and fingerprints didn't linger very much.

My SP2 is covered with a Zagg Invisibleshield HD protector. While it may cost a little more and tout all these features ("self-healing," scratch resistant, etc.), I find the applied look to be a little strange. If you have ever seen someone with a Zagg, you probably know what I mean. My Surface's screen has an uneven texture now (you can't feel it, thankfully), and this protector unfortunately doesn't repel fingerprints as well. Part of me wants to go back to Incipio, but I don't know if there's a "wrong" way to take this off. The way the Zagg is applied makes me feel like I've fused it on, haha. I guess one perk of the Zagg is the lifetime warranty. Essentially, you can get it replaced forever.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720