External DVD Drive for the SP2?

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Slowly putting this all together to make for a good and true desktop/laptop/tablet experience, and just realized I would need a CD/DVD drive to hook up to the docking station. Any suggestions on good external drives? I would want it to operate like a regular CD/DVD that pretty much comes with most towers and laptops these days. Any special requirements that a non techy like myself might not think about. Specs? Thanks.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I know where to get them, but just curious if there are any special specs to be aware of or if any "funny" issues others have run into with these devices working with the SP2 and the docking station. I normally don't have to shop for these, and while I like a good deal, not necessarily looking for the cheapest CD/DVD reader/writer. Thanks......

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yes if you watch a movie by external dvd player and your surface is on battery , it will suck your surface battery since its using more power to run the dvd motor from your usb port,it will be good if you get a USB3.0 device certified as they are much faster, I personally do not have surface pro or any external dvd drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077