Post Your Keyboard Collections!

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just thought this would be a fun thread to see how crazy some of us are with the amount of keyboards we own.

WP_20140205_03_52_49_Pro.jpg

1. White Touch Cover
2. Black Touch Cover
3. Purple Type Cover 2
4. Surface Music Kit (Maybe this one doesn't qualify as a keyboard?)
5. Prototype Type Cover 2 - This one's a little interesting. A friend pointed me to this on eBay, knowing I have a fondness for collecting rare items. The seller claimed this keyboard was a prototype Type Cover 2 that experimented with the cyan/black color combo. Everything seems pretty legitimate, though this cover has some differences to a usual Type Cover 2. For one, it sports a smooth back, similar to how the Touch Covers generally are. My purple cover has the fuzzy back, and all other cyans that I've seen online use the fuzzy for the Type as well. Also, my purple has 3 stages of backlighting, whereas this prototype has 15.
6. Surface Power Cover (Not pictured at the moment)

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has. :)

Last edited:

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty boring. I just have the blue type cover 2. View attachment 56290

Nothing boring about it, a very nice choice. :) I'd have gone for it if purple wasn't new, haha. Really wish they made a white Type 2, though.

I would love to buy that prototype from you :)

Not sure if I'm ready to give it up just yet. It has its quirks, but I like the novelty of it. I'd even wager to say it's not the same shade of blue that the production cyans are.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Using a touch cover. It's quite horrible. LOL, I'll be upgrading to the power cover when I can.

Attachments

• touchcover.JPG
    touchcover.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have discovered something.
You can set any brightness level for the TypeCover 2. Press and hold on increasing and decreasing the back light keys , and let go at the level you want :)
Here hows to do it easily:
-> Go to a very dark room or wait at night and close the room lights
-> Set the keyboard at max brightness
-> Now press and hold the decrease keyboard brightness key
You will see that the keyboard will dims smoothly, let go at the setting you want before it turns off.

Voila. The reverse holds true.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
MBytes, thanks for sharing! Very cool find.

I've added the Power Cover to my arsenal as of today. Sucker is HUGE and with the SP2, the thickness is bordering a slim laptop. I'm up to six keyboards now, not good... :/

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Using a touch cover. It's quite horrible. LOL, I'll be upgrading to the power cover when I can.

The Touch Covers are good in their own right, and I held onto mine for the times when I'd like the extremely compact form factor. After using it for some time, you really get used to how to type with it and have no issues with the lack of mechanical keys. If only the Touch Cover 2s came in more than black.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Surfaces5.jpg
I'm boring too! Just 3:
1) Touch Cover 1 Black
2) Type Cover 1 Black on RT
3) Type Cover 2 Purple on SP2 (bought SP2 with that get a Touch Cover 1 free promotion. Asked to upgrade to a Type Cover 2 and they agreed, so got the purple Type Cover 2 for $80 off.)

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Little bit more than just keyboards but still 3 in there.

Screenshot (2).jpg

Black Touch V1 (attached to Surface RT)
White Touch V1 (NEW)
Black Type V2 (attached to Surface Pro 2 via Bluetooth adapter)

Last edited:

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I only have two Type Cover 2's one in Charcoal Grey and the other is Purple. I got the Charcoal Grey for $79.99 (Micro Center Open Box), after I got my Surface RT 64G, and I got the Purple one at Best Buy they had a sale for a new one for $79.99. I swap between them depending on my mood. The Purple one has a better response time with the keys over the Charcoal Grey, that might be because it is new instead of Open Box, but I am not sure. I have been tempted to the Touch Cover, Micro Center has them on sale for $79.99 now, but I would only pay $50 or less for the Touch over the Type...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb