Who has ordered a FreedomCase for their Surface Pro 2?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it is coming soon for those of us in the US, and I think it has already shipped for those not in the Americas. Has anyone received it yet? I'll be selling mine since I'm selling my SP2 (got an SP3), but I'm going to take a look at it for quality and such.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Updated today - they have arrived in California, and are awaiting move to the warehouse. Best case scenario is that they could ship next week, but there may be holdups due to labor talks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got my shipping notice. They sent it via UPS Mail Innovations, and it hasn't updated yet, so I don't know how long it will take to get here, but it's on the way. I'll be sticking it in the Marketplace for sale when it comes, since I can't use it with my SP3.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday. Love it. The only downside is that I don't have a type/touch cover, so there is a bit of slack

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Received mine today. Great case. Love the extra angles I have now for my original surface pro.

Sent from my Sony Xperia? Z Ultra

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine says it is out for delivery today. I'll be posting it in the Marketplace forum for sale, since I no longer have my SP2.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Expecting mine by Friday this week. So glad to hear that people are liking the case. Makes me feel a lot better about the wait and setbacks they had.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I got mine today, I really like it. No more zipping and unzipping a sleeve case, and now I can get a good angle to use the pen with! The quality is impressive on the leather version I got.

Edit with another day of experience:

Good: in the reclining "on-screen keyboard" setting, it's very comfortable to use the tablet while sitting on the floor with legs crossed.

Bad: the kickstand sock it uses to attach to the tablet makes the keyboard pop off if you try to fold it around back for tablet mode. Also, the case is rather bulky when folded several times for tablet mode, and it takes some fiddling to get it folded flattish.

Bottom line: it still rocks for the reasons I gave, but it does make the device more awkward to use as a plain tablet since the kb falls off and there's all this folded case on the back.

Last edited:

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I like mine. I just got the standard PU version and it has a nice feel to it. It looks high-quality, not like some kind of embarrassingly cheap thing... so overall I'm glad about funding this particular kickstarter.

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Update:]The person I gave my FreedomCase 2 just handed it back to me...he couldn't get any of the positions to work for him either. We can really appreciate Chris' and Andrew's sprit though and truly hope that they do very well.

I ordered (funded) via Kickstarter a few months ago and received my Freedom Case yesterday.

After spending about 30 minutes attempting to use it, I placed it back in it's packaging and gave it to my friend who also has a SP2.

I completely lost all patience with the case, it just was not worth my time and trouble any longer. I could not get any position to work, it just kept flopping all over the place.

It's my fault though, I just don't have the motor skills and manual dexterity required to manipulate the case's configurations.

Last edited:

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The person I gave my FreedomCase 2 just handed it back to me...he couldn't get any of the positions to work for him either.
It's my fault though, I just don't have the motor skills and manual dexterity required to manipulate the case's configurations.

So that's two of you who couldn't get it to work properly. Unless you both have some physical impairment why defend something that clearly sounds defective? The usage video on KS didn't make manipulating the case's configurations look as if it would require an advanced degree. Now hopefully this is just an isolated case (no pun intended) and not a widespread problem that affects all pieces, because that would just be icing on the cake when you consider the excessive delays with complete silence in between.

cpk86

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Bad: the kickstand sock it uses to attach to the tablet makes the keyboard pop off if you try to fold it around back for tablet mode. Also, the case is rather bulky when folded several times for tablet mode, and it takes some fiddling to get it folded flattish.

Just go mine today and notice this right off. In the video that shows how to fold this the thing to all the positions, I notice he's using a Surface/2 (I think) whereas I have the Surface Pro 2. I think it's the extra thickness in the device itself that's popping the keyboard off. Kinda sucks...

But it does work in all the other positions. I think I'll be using mine in "Desk" mode a lot...really like that angle.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my case in last week. Had to watch the video a few times to get all the different positions but it all works as advertised. It will take a bit of playing around with to remember how to do all the positions, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos