Who has ordered a FreedomCase for their Surface Pro 2?

NeoGrandizer

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and playing around with it today. I will do a more thorough written review of it if I find the time. It works as advertised for me and I can switch the positions pretty easily and without effort. I still need to get used to positioning the magnet properly (if not magnetically locked in place, it will flop all over).

And it will hold the weight of the SP2. I have the power cover and a tempered glass screen protector slapped on my SP2 (which adds considerable mm of bulk) and it still works as advertised. Though it will still close, the magnetic lock will not hold as strong. I will snap shots of it when I have the time.

So far, I am loving this case... :D

allenyw

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There has been a surprisingly high learning curve using this case. I'm not really sure how much I like it yet, but I am continuing to use it on a daily basis. What has everyone been doing with it in tablet mode? So far I'm just sort of bunching it up near the top half of the surface. I'm not 100% happy with that solution. Anyone have any other ways to fold the case in tablet mode that they like?

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The trick to remember is that you fold the cover back over and attach the magnet to the backside. There appears to be 2 strips where the flap will magnetically attach: at the very bottom and just below the first bend mark. It appears all the positions require the magnets to be attached or it will just flop around.

kane4fire

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I find the PU leather case to look cheap, heavy, and not friendly to use. I'm all too often fumbling with it to get to the position that I want. Options are good, but there are just too many unnecessary ones for the Pro 2. Wasn't worth the wait or cost for me.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am using mine for over a week now. Yes, it took me about half an hour to find out how to easily move to different angles, but once I got the hang of it, it works just great. Definitely the case for my SP2.

sneak3

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys, when you put the typecover in the back, can you still use the case's positions at all? I was wondering that as the typecover would stay in between the 2 sets of magnets. I don't have a typecover now and Im thinking about buying it, but only if it works seamlessly with the freedom case, as I'd'use the surface mostly withOUT the typecover, only a few times when typing is needed.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Received mine yesterday (in Canada). Took a while to arrive, but IMO it was worth the wait if you're sticking with the 1st gen Surface tablets with only one kickstand angle.

As others have mentioned, it did take some time to learn how to set up the stand at different angles for this case, but once I've gotten used to the setup it works out great. Now I can comfortably use my SP1 on my lap.

sneak3

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Fellas do you think you can test this one out for me?

Guys, when you put the typecover in the back, can you still use the case's positions at all? I was wondering that as the typecover would stay in between the 2 sets of magnets. I don't have a typecover now and Im thinking about buying it, but only if it works seamlessly with the freedom case, as I'd'use the surface mostly withOUT the typecover, only a few times when typing is needed.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

When I fold my typecover back, Some of the positions can't be used. However, I usually only fold mine back when I'm planning on using my SP2 in tablet mode with the pen.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Every one of the stand modes work with the cover folded back (as the base). I haven't tried it in tablet mode.

sneak3

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Every one of the stand modes work with the cover folded back (as the base). I haven't tried it in tablet mode.

So the magnets are strong enough to go through the typecover over to the other side? I'm not sure if you understood my question.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had a Surface since before there were Pro versions, and I still don't understand the need for a case. My earliest Surface seduction was primarily by the genius design of the integrated touch/type cover and kickstand, and the case-less freedom I'd enjoy.

Still, I note that this thread goes on and on and on; so, it appears -at least on the surface, that to each his/her own freedom-from.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not really a case as much as it is a wrap. It does offer some extra protection but the biggest thing is that it integrates with the kickstand nicely and offers the user a lot more positions of the surface, depending upon what you are doing and how you may be holding it. Another plus, for me at least, is that I now have a place to store and carry my stylus pen.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So the magnets are strong enough to go through the typecover over to the other side? I'm not sure if you understood my question.
No, they are not magnets from the Large Hadron Collider, just normal magnets. They can't go through the type cover. And actually, it's really hard to fold the type cover all the way back without it detaching from the Surface. The cover adds a little thickness which makes the Type Cover detach when you bend it all the way back.

kewlgirl73

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I love my freedom case and I think it is one of the best accessories that I have gotten for my SP2 thus far.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• IMG_20150122_002222.jpg
    IMG_20150122_002222.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12