Use While Traveling

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Today my wife and I drove to Florida for vacation. While she was driving, I was using my SP2 in the passenger seat. I was pretty much just using my phone as a hotspot and surfing, doing homework. Something that I noticed was that I was using battery quicker than expected. I realized that my fan was running high even though I wasn't doing anything that was processor intensive. The SP2 in the sunlight in the car was running hot.

I just though it was interesting, and something that would be good to keep in mind.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh yea. the sun is a killer. I don't know if it's because the windshield makes the light concentrate in the car or just because it's an enclosed environment (and the Surface Pro 2 is black to is attacks more light), but yea. This is why they say it's really not good to leave a laptop or things on the passenger seat, that is of course, applies to areas where summer is really hot.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with the windshield, but just that the machine is black and even in the car with the AC running, there's not enough airflow to cool the thing from the heat of the sun hitting the black case.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Didn't measure it, but it didn't seem any different than at home. Verizon LTE all the way, or at least if it dropped below LTE, I didn't notice. I was only online for an hour or so of the trip, though, but all along I-75, I would expect it to be strong the whole way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans