Buy Power Cover or 8" Tablet for Same price?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What do you think is a better decision. A power cover for the surface pro 2 making the battery life comparable to other smaller tablets or just get an 8inch lenovo mix 2 or dell venue pro 8 tablet running windows 8 and have a portable battery strong machine for similar price. Thoughts?

Side note:I have the type cover 2 - not a big fan, it's a tight typing experience and it adds considerable heft and thickness, I had the surface RT and had the touch cover and loved it. Plus it had volume up and down buttons. I love the backlit part of the keyboard tho.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. that's a toss up. And it would be very tempting to get a cheap 8 inch windows tablet. But if I had a surface pro 2 I would get the power cover for sure. Not another tablet. I wouldn't want to add another device when I can do everything with one tablet. The power cover would be awesome to extend battery life. I also suggest if you haven't yet, go to the advanced power options and set the processing power to 70% while on battery. Gives a noticeable boost in battery on any device.

But from what I can see you're not too impressed with the type cover 2 and it's heft and thickness. So you may not like that the power cover is about twice as thick and twice as heavy. If your okay with adding another device to your everyday use go with an extra 8 inch tablet.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advanced power options i'll go do that, I haven't had any complaints about battery so good know it can go even further. Yea I have held back on an 8 inch device because I don't want my surface pro 2 to all of a sudden become obsolete and unused after it cost me well above 1000 bucks. I'd be okay with the power cover being heavier since it would add battery though as I usually just carry my surface around with no pen or keyboard unless I need it. I'm going to sell my type cover for a touch cover maybe.

Perhaps I'll just wait for the cover to be released so I can see for myself how big it actually is and if people like it.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you work often out and about, or mostly home/office?

If the latter:
Home: Type Cover 2 + OEM power cord
Office: logitech keyboard, logitech performancemx mouse, a second power cord and a 4 port USB converter. My backpack is super light but I never have to worry about running out of juice with the way that I work. All I need to carry is the surface pro 2, pen and case.

The type cover 2 is ok for light typing at home, but I'd go nuts if that was my primary keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon