March update improves type cover 2 multitouch?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What is that about? I'm debating getting a type cover 2 or type cover 1, since i have a 1st gen touch cover right now. Did the update to the type cover 2 support make the multitouch any more responsive?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about everybody else, but im having a very bad time using the type cover 2, I have sweaty hands, and if just small drop of sweat is on the touchpad it registers it as input making any mouse movement a pinch to zoom in or out. and soo I most of the time use the touchscreen.

on the other hand the keyboard is responsive and beautiful to type on.

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Multitouch is now a little bit easier.

PS: I hate the Trackpad on Type Cover 2. The Trackpad on Type Cover 1 is much better.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I have sweaty hands, and if just small drop of sweat is on the touchpad it registers it as input making any mouse movement a pinch to zoom in or out. and soo I most of the time use the touchscreen.
Off topic, but I have sweaty hands too and I'm curious. How is the keyboard faring apart from the touchpad issue? Is it waterproof, so you can just wipe or rinse it down?

Ideally I'd like Microsoft to release a solid keyboard dock that can house a real touchpad and hinge, but that's probably wishful thinking.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Off topic, but I have sweaty hands too and I'm curious. How is the keyboard faring apart from the touchpad issue? Is it waterproof, so you can just wipe or rinse it down?

Ideally I'd like Microsoft to release a solid keyboard dock that can house a real touchpad and hinge, but that's probably wishful thinking.

the keyboard is not touch, its type cover 2, so no problems there. I would recommend not getting the touch cover 2. The screen is very good with canceling water drips.

The fabric of the cover makes my hands sweat even more.

The touchpad is insane I rarely use it.

Droidophobe

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I hated the touchpad, mostly because I could never find the left/right buttons by feel so I was constantly looking down to reorient my fingers. I put a drop of Elmer's glue right in the middle of each button so I had a tactile cue to reorient myself to the right place to click. It worked great except the glue came off after about 24 hours, so I redid it with nail polish. Voila! No more hunting around and it makes the touchpad 150% better. I don't know why Microsoft couldn't have done this in the first place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)