I kind of wish it wasn't Micro-SD

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Having spent some time trying to use a SP for a laptop replacement, I'll say that my biggest problem has been disk space. You can, of course, supplement what's internal to the system with a MicroSD card, and I've found that to be mostly adequate, but it's just that MicroSD places a limitation on just how much.

As I was watching the demo, looking at the side of the thing, I was hoping against hope that I was seeing a full-sized SD card slot. Sadly, it appears that I wasn't. Thing is, I had to wait over a year to get a 128GB MicroSD, and even then, I have a choice of one vendor and one speed.

The larger SD cards offer quite a bit more variety in terms of brands, sizes and speeds, and I really wish we could tap into that market. When we're talking about a 12" screen, then the larger sized card seems appropriate.

Of course, I'm probably alone here.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I think the full sized SD cards are a plus. Especially if they're trying to appeal to artists and graphic designers. Most cameras use a full size SD and NOT a micro. I think it's just a limitation of hardware space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)