Price cut on the Surface Pro 2?

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Looks like they removed it from their site, at least here
sp2.png

but I'm not finding it in their refurb section - any ideas of thought if MS will be cutting the price of the Pro 2?

I'm torn between the two, If I can save a chunk of change I may opt for the Pro 2 but the Pro 3 looks really really nice.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
You can search the site and still find it for the normal prices. The pro 1 refurb is on sale now though.

Yeah I saw it too when I searched, but since the price is the same (for the most part) it makes no sense. I do expect (hope) to see a reduction.

If I were to guess, I'd say maybe 20%, so a 128GB model will only cost 800 instead of the 1,000

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't expect Surface Pro 2 prices to come down in the short/medium term as they pretty much share a similar components to the Surface Pro 3.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Don't expect Surface Pro 2 prices to come down in the short/medium term as they pretty much share a similar components to the Surface Pro 3.

True, they were replaced by the SP3 and if they have inventory they need to liquidate that inventory.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they removed it from their site, at least here
View attachment 67029

but I'm not finding it in their refurb section - any ideas of thought if MS will be cutting the price of the Pro 2?

I'm torn between the two, If I can save a chunk of change I may opt for the Pro 2 but the Pro 3 looks really really nice.

It is not the first time the Microsoft Store has screwed up their web page when a new product was announced. I expect in a couple days it will show all three. Price wise, I wouldn't expect to see anything more than about $100 in Surface Pro 2 discounts but that is just because it is reaching the correct point in the product cycle. I also would not expect that until August or September.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett