Which Surface Pro 3 Tablet are you going to buy?

imz

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Which one will you be getting and why?

I'll be going for the:
i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549 (?1,339.00)

but do have some reservations considering it doesn't come with the keyboard.

Reason:
I'll probably use the cloud more this year, so don't need 512GB, I do a lot of heavy Photoshop, Illustrator & other design. Plenty of web development, would like the extra processing power and decent storage without having to worry about it running out.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is the i5 good enough and fast enough for an up-and-coming college student who will be playing some graphical games (LoL, Sims maybe Diablo 3), and performing a lot of multitasking? I'll be using OneNote and Office a whole lot if that helps.

Last edited:

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Still don't know if I will (I really like the size and the Windows button location of my SP2 ). If I do it would be the i5-8GB RAM-256GB.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
What kind of difference would there be between 4gb and 8gb ram?

That one has 4GB of RAM and the other one has 8 GB. :p

OK, I am sorry for that unfunny joke but I really don't get the question, that is indeed the difference. Do you mean performance wise? Have you ever used a PC with 4GB of RAM vs. one with 8 GB? Same kind of deal. The more RAM the more simultaneous things you can do quickly and efficiently.

If you don't use memory intensive applications then 4GB of RAM will be just fine for you.

Symon260z

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll be going for a i-5 or i-7 256 + 8 gb model.

This the the first time I have been tempted away from Toshiba laptops in more than 20 years ; killer specs, love the idea of such a lightweight device. powerful enough to run all my desigh software, invoicing software and office apps. Why can't I go down to my local store and buy on today ?

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm also torn between the i5/128/4gb and i5/256/8gb. Really wanting more internal storage for media, but not sure I want it enough for an extra $300. Keeping in mind I do need to grab the keyboard.

And I don't *need* the extra memory, but I could always find a use for it. :)

Either way this is pretty much the exact device I've been waiting for. Looks awesome.

Sent from my XPS 11 9P33 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel