Something to consider re Photoshop and Surface Pro 3

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For those out there who think Surface Pro 3 will be the perfect device for Photoshop CC, leaving aside the fact the i5 version of Surface Pro 3 runs the same CPU as Surface Pro 2, you really might want to check Adobe's track record with the Intel HD Graphics 4400 GPU. The i5 Surface Pro 3 uses the same GPU that Photoshop has crashed since Surface Pro 2 was released. Look up Surface Pro 2 (or any machine using Intel HD Graphics 4400), Photoshop CC, and GPU sniffer and you will see the problem that has persisted for some of us to the present day. It was sort of fixed at one point, months after reports flooded in to Adobe, but still crops up for many. If you also look closely, you will find Adobe employees on their forum who have publicly blamed Microsoft and Intel for the fact that an Adobe Photoshop component crashes the GPU and then draws the CPU to its knees. Last I checked Adobe still doesn't even list the Intel HD Graphics 4400 as officially supported. Just a PSA for those enthralled with the marketing but haven't noticed that the i5 Surface Pro 3 runs the identical processor and GPU as all Surface Pro 2's since January or February.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm just seeing this upon doing a search for the photoshop gpu sniffer, which will kill my SP3 battery in a flash if I don't go in and kill the process after closing PS. This is something Adobe or Microsoft needs to address.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
For those out there who think Surface Pro 3 will be the perfect device for Photoshop CC, leaving aside the fact the i5 version of Surface Pro 3 runs the same CPU as Surface Pro 2, you really might want to check Adobe's track record with the Intel HD Graphics 4400 GPU. The i5 Surface Pro 3 uses the same GPU that Photoshop has crashed since Surface Pro 2 was released. Look up Surface Pro 2 (or any machine using Intel HD Graphics 4400), Photoshop CC, and GPU sniffer and you will see the problem that has persisted for some of us to the present day. It was sort of fixed at one point, months after reports flooded in to Adobe, but still crops up for many. If you also look closely, you will find Adobe employees on their forum who have publicly blamed Microsoft and Intel for the fact that an Adobe Photoshop component crashes the GPU and then draws the CPU to its knees. Last I checked Adobe still doesn't even list the Intel HD Graphics 4400 as officially supported. Just a PSA for those enthralled with the marketing but haven't noticed that the i5 Surface Pro 3 runs the identical processor and GPU as all Surface Pro 2's since January or February.

This problem is only for Intel GPUs? Or Nvidia and AMD as well?

I was considering downloading Photoshop my laptop uses a Core i5 337U 1.8 GHz and Intel HD 4000 but that is weaker than Surface Pro 3 however I do have a dedicated Nvidia GeForce 740M GPU as well.

I wonder how my laptop would fare if I installed Photoshop.

Stanford Moore

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have only done a few edits with Photoshop CC 2014 and it works fine.. I also used it with some topaz plugins... still no problems.. But then again I only have had it for one day... LR 5 seems to work fine on it too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes