MS will let you try out the Surface Pro 3 starting june 6th at Microsoft Stores

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried it last night (although I didn't actually order yet)...10% off everything just by entering the school info. My only issue was that the red type cover was not offered on their education site. WTF?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Store - EDU Portal

It's right on the top part of the page...once you do that (and check the box stating you are a student, teacher, adminstrator, etc.), it will let you go to specific products to see pricing.

Hey...the red keyboard is on there now...

And last questions: Do I enter the school I graduated FROM or the school I'm going TO next year? And I don't see the discounted items. They're all the same prices they normally are.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
And last questions: Do I enter the school I graduated FROM or the school I'm going TO next year? And I don't see the discounted items. They're all the same prices they normally are.

I don't think it matters...I'm using my son's school in case they need a school email.

Once you enter the state and school, just click on "start shopping." It brought me to a page where everything is marked down 10%.

Fred Mertz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a MS Store nearby and intend to go first thing in the morning on June 6th. Just curious if the demo models will have Photoshop installed on it. I want to use an art program that is geared toward artist and not have to rely on OneNote to determine what the pen can and can't do. I don't think Fresh Paint is all that good.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a MS Store nearby and intend to go first thing in the morning on June 6th. Just curious if the demo models will have Photoshop installed on it. I want to use an art program that is geared toward artist and not have to rely on OneNote to determine what the pen can and can't do. I don't think Fresh Paint is all that good.
I'm an expert at using Photoshop, but if you just want to draw or paint, Fresh Paint is awesome. I love that app. And I doubt they will have photoshop running, because adobe is still working on that touch friendly version. What we saw was beta, and adobe is usually very slow about releasing software.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Will be in Chicago on Friday. Hope they have them at the Microsoft "area" in the shopping center on Michigan Avenue. I can't believe they don't have a full store there.

nehijene

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The closet Microsoft Store is in Louisville, KY. I hope BestBuy will have it on display like they've done in the past. I will like to check it out before making a purchase

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I already have this preordered but I'm really excited to go play with it in the store. I've only been hearing good things, besides the complaint about "lapability". Pretty sure 95% of people use their laptops on tables or a flat surface though :/

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The closet Microsoft Store is in Louisville, KY. I hope BestBuy will have it on display like they've done in the past. I will like to check it out before making a purchase

I believe Best Buys with Microsoft stores will have it out by June 6th. The regular ones won't until release date.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I believe Best Buys with Microsoft stores will have it out by June 6th. The regular ones won't until release date.

I hope this isn't the case! I work right next door to a Best Buy on Friday, and I wanted to walk in before work and play around with it. But it doesn't have a Windows Specialty Store :-(

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
dang.....it feels like forever. It will probably feel longer once i get to play with it and realize I don't get it for another 2 weeks. June 20th blehhhhhhh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo