11-30-2017 05:23 PM
193 12345 ...
tools
    I've been looking for a case that would fit the SP3 well and also comfortably fit the power cord and arc mouse. I ended up finding this case on bestbuy.com:
    Incase Sling Sleeve for 13" Apple MacBook Pro and MacBook Air Laptops CL57482 - Best Buy

Turns out Amazon has the same thing for $20 cheaper (Amazon.com: Incase CL57482 Nylon Sling Sleeve 13-Inch - Black: Computers & Accessories), so I price matched it in store at Bestbuy.

It seems to be a very good fit for the surface. It's versatile with hiding handles and straps, multiple pockets, etc. It's very slim and the pockets are fairly roomy. In one of the pockets is a pouch that is the perfect size for the arc mouse and a pen holder for the stylus.
    06-21-2014 11:43 PM
    Best Buy sells one specifically made for the Pro 3. It's their platinum brand and seems very well made. But it's 40 bucks which is over priced imo. It's also not listed on their website yet.
    Last edited by mitsuyager9; 06-30-2014 at 12:29 AM.
    06-22-2014 04:01 PM
    Best Buy sells one specifically made for the Pro 3. It's there platinum brand and seems very well made. But it's 40 bucks which is over priced imo. It's also not listed on their website yet.
    That's interesting. What's it like? The BestBuy associates near me must not know about that one--I was just in there yesterday and they said they only had ones for the smaller surface models. The Microsoft Store had some cloth sleeves and leather sleeves for it also that seemed quite nice. They weren't made specifically for it and they're not on the website, but they fit it well--you can't fit a mouse or power cord or anything in them though, which may make a difference to some people (and which is why I ultimately ended up with the Incase CL57482 sleeve I mentioned above)..
    06-22-2014 04:22 PM
    Here's the one i bought, fits perfectly.
    rooCASE Bubble Sleeve Case Cover for Apple Macbook Air 11.6 / Chromebook 11.6

I think any case designed for Chromebook 11.6 or Macbook Air 11.6 will be fine. And there are plenty.
    06-22-2014 04:37 PM
    Best Buy sells one specifically made for the Pro 3. It's there platinum brand and seems very well made. But it's 40 bucks which is over priced imo. It's also not listed on their website yet.
    That's the one I purchased as well. It seems to be very well made. I like the plush lining on the inside also.
    The material on the outside seems as though it will hold up to dirt, because it can be wiped and cleaned easily.
    I do feel it's overpriced, but I haven't found another case yet that looks professional with the quality it has.
    Still trying to see if I can find a comparable case for less. If so, I may return it.
    06-23-2014 12:54 AM
    I don't have mine yet, but I ordered a Corkor case for it based on this thread. Hopefully they get here at the same time since my SP3 isn't shipping until 6/30.
    06-23-2014 01:08 AM
    I picked up a generic slip case for 12" devices. My sp3 fits it well (with Type cover attached) and it also has a zippered pocket that will accommodate the charger and my Bluetooth mouse.

Here's a link to the one I got: 12.1" Chromebooks™/Ultrabooks™ Sleeve - LNEO-12-BLACK | Caselogic
    06-23-2014 05:10 AM
    Hi gang,
    I'm looking for more of a portfolio for the Pro 3. You know, like the kind that you put a legal sized tablet of paper in, it may have a calculator on the left side, room for business cards, a pen holder in the middle. That kind of thing, but instead of the pad of paper, I'd put the Pro 3, carry it to meetings, take notes on it like normal, and use it to do all sorts of things in a pinch. Please let me know if anyone spots something like this, and thanks in advance!
    Here you go. Amazon.com: Deluxe Classic Zip-Close Folio for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and 11-inch MacBook: Computers & Accessories and Amazon.com: Deluxe Crocodile-Textured Padfolio for Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and Letter / A4 Paper: Computers & Accessories
    06-23-2014 01:01 PM
    Anyone can post pics of the Best Buy case? I got the Snugg leather case with a bundle from the MS store but its a generic case and too big for my bag. Is the BB one a closer fit for the SP3? Thanks
    06-23-2014 01:15 PM

I think any case designed for Chromebook 11.6 or Macbook Air 11.6 will be fine. And there are plenty.
    Thanks for the post. Found it on Amazon for same price to use my Prime. Also got the dark blue option to match my best buy blue type cover!
    jedge likes this.
    06-24-2014 02:15 PM
    I bought the Birugear Neoprene Zipper Carrying Storage Sleeve from Amazon. This is a bare bones soft case (sleeve) that holds the Surface Pro 3 with the keyboard very nicely. It has an external zippered pocked that I use for the pen but can be used for much more. It is just the right size, not like some others advertised for the Surface Pro 3 that are 3 inches to wide.
    06-25-2014 12:29 PM
    06-26-2014 01:38 AM
    Anyone can post pics of the Best Buy case? I got the Snugg leather case with a bundle from the MS store but its a generic case and too big for my bag. Is the BB one a closer fit for the SP3? Thanks
    I have this case and the SP3 fits in it just right. Here is a link to it on BB's website.

Platinum Sleeve for 12" Microsoft Surface PT-MMSS12B - Best Buy

Here are some pics I took. Apologies for the lack of professional quality but, hey, it's 330am, and I'm done for the night.

SP3 outside of sleeve.
    surface-sleeve-1.jpg

SP3 in sleeve.
    surface-sleeve-2.jpg

And SP3 in sleeve and in my leather bag. It fits perfectly in my shoulder bag. I can easily take just the sleeve w/SP3 in to a lunch meeting rather than having to take my entire bag.
    surface-sleeve-3.jpg

I bought it a couple days ago and really like it. But, I've been eyeing this one. If anyone has it and can comment it, much appreciated. It costs more but like the look.

Outback Solo for Surface Pro 3 – WaterField Designs
    darthhen and theefman like this.
    06-26-2014 05:37 AM
    I bought it a couple days ago and really like it. But, I've been eyeing this one. If anyone has it and can comment it, much appreciated. It costs more but like the look.

Outback Solo for Surface Pro 3 – WaterField Designs
    Waterfield makes great cases and they look amazing. Usually you can customize the fabric/colors too.
    That one is pretty much just a sleeve with a shoulder strap. I'd rather have something like this Staad Laptop Backpack – WaterField Designs or this Rough Rider Messenger Bag – WaterField Designs and make it my every-day bag. The price though, whoosh.
    06-26-2014 03:46 PM
    You guys might wanna look at this.
    Fine made and only 13 dollars

Dpark Classic Genuine Leather Case Sleeve Pouch for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12'' | eBay
    06-27-2014 05:13 PM
    If anyone finds a portrait sleeve, neoprene with a pocket preferred, for as cheap as 10 dollars pls let me know.

I just need a sleeve to protect it inside my backpack.
    06-27-2014 05:14 PM

I got this one too, in red to match my keyboard. Its a perfect fit. Love it. I got mine from Amazon to use my Prime account for shipping.
    06-28-2014 11:23 AM
    06-28-2014 12:25 PM
    I found this one from brenthaven that is specifically designed for the surface pro 3. It is expensive but looks fantastic. Also, quite surprisingly, find the website with bing and you'll be prompted with the code BING to take 15% off your purchase.

http://www.brenthaven.com/collins-sl...-surface-pro-3

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    06-28-2014 02:11 PM
    I found this one from brenthaven that is specifically designed for the surface pro 3. It is expensive but looks fantastic. Also, quite surprisingly, find the website with bing and you'll be prompted with the code BING to take 15% off your purchase.

Collins Sleeve Plus Designed for Surface | Brenthaven.com

Very classy, one of the best i've seen yet.
    Wish they offered some variation in the colors though. And i'm a bit confused by the front flap. It clearly shows the main pocket opens by zipper. And there's a zippered pocket in the back. So what does the flap on the front do?
    06-28-2014 08:46 PM
    Bam!, $10 at Big Lots:

capture.jpg
    mozman68 and anon(7901790) like this.
    06-28-2014 08:56 PM

Collins Sleeve Plus Designed for Surface | Brenthaven.com

Nice..I like their other bags as well. I have a Crumpler messenger bag that I really like and will handle my "naked" SP3/keyboard fine.
    Last edited by mozman68; 07-22-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    06-28-2014 09:13 PM
    Very classy, one of the best i've seen yet.
    Wish they offered some variation in the colors though. And i'm a bit confused by the front flap. It clearly shows the main pocket opens by zipper. And there's a zippered pocket in the back. So what does the flap on the front do?

There are three slots. One for the surface, one on the back (zippered), and one on the front that opens like an envelope with a magnetic closure. I want it but I really don't want to spend that much. Also, the external dimensions are much bigger than the surface's which makes me think it will be a loose fit. Luckily there is a brenthaven in Seattle so I'll probably take in my surface and find the one that fits the best.
    06-29-2014 02:32 AM
    Nice. I think the Firebrick looks nice too.
    06-30-2014 12:26 AM
    The Firebrick looks nice.

That's the color I got, came much quicker than they said it would too. Also came with a nice little hand written thank you note which I always like to see, nice personal touch there. Seems very well made too, soft and nicely padded.
    06-30-2014 12:27 AM
193 12345 ...